Sidekick. (A)

HEY GANG. It is I, Of course, here with some angst!
it has implied Stucky and Sambuck. I hope you enjoy :)

___________________________

'Til the end of the line'
That was what they always said, right?
As far as he could remember, that was their excuse for everything.

"Y'know, Buck, I really don't need you always helping me, I can get by on my own."
"I know."
"Then why are you still holding my groceries?"
"Because I l- ahem, I.. I'll always be here, Stevie, til the end of the line."

"S... Steve?"

"Hey, Buck. Can you walk? We gotta go."
"w..what? What's going on?  Why are you here?"
"Cause I'm gonna be here, Buck. Til the end of the line."

"I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend."
"You're my mission."
"Then finish it. 'Cause I'm with you til the end of the line."

Time, and time again, their excuse, their reason, their fall.
It had always been the replacement for the three words Bucky was never able to get out. And when he did, everything had already gone to hell. He remembered that night, he and Steve had gotten into an argument. Steve was trying to calm him down but he just... didn't see the point. Why did everything go so, so wrong?
What did he do for things to end like this? 

"Bucky, it was my choice, I wanted to be with her. Why are you so upset?"
"Because you wanted to be with HER, Steve! Peggy Carter! The gal that swept you off your feet just because she showed A LOT more interest in you after the serum! She had barely any interest before. She... She didn't know you like I did, Steve!"
"Buck-"
"Don't even start! Do you remember what you used to tell me? How you were happy that I was there? That I put up with you? That when you had nothing, I was there. I was always there, Steve! Then the second you can leave for some... girl you met in the war, you take it. You forget about me, and you leave. It's like you don't even care!"
"Don't be selfish, Buck."
"Selfish? Steve, the only things you've done is get into fights, save me and leave. You used to go out and forget your inhaler or get into fights with bullies that could've killed your ass without caring. On the days you had fevers, you could've gotten worse, and worse!"
"Bucky, I saved you from HYDRA!"
"I wish I died on that train, Steve!"

"I cared about you! I laid in bed for nights on end with nightmares, If I didn't care I wouldn't of saved you!"

"I LOVED YOU. AND YOU LEFT ME."
"Buck..."
"You didn't care... I was always just a sidekick to you."

-

Bucky forced himself up. Just another nightmare. These things were getting annoying at this point, honestly. He redirected his gaze to his empty bed, and right on cue, the door opened. Sam sighed, "this one was earlier than the last one." "Yeah..." he moved to the bed, sitting down next to the former assassin, "wanna talk about it?" he shook his head. "m'kay. Wanna lay back down?" he paused, contemplating the idea. "can we just.. lay here 'n cuddle?" "Of course. I'll be right here if you need me, Buck." He changed into something more comfortable, before laying down, Bucky quickly got comfy, laying his head on Sam's chest, one hand laced with the others, and the other hand gently carding through the brunette's hair. He softly hummed, "wanna go visit Wakanda for a bit soon? Get out of the city, see your goats again? Peter's been dying to see Shuri again so they can talk about sciencey stuff." Bucky chuckled, "Yeah, that sounds nice."

_____________________________

Thank you for reading!! This one was a bit shorter, only like 600 words or so, but I think it's okay :] might write more of one of my prompts again, or chapter 3 for Losers club, I dunno yet!!
Or, see if I can rewatch Spider-man: Homecoming and then perhaps make a book based on after Spiderman NWH?