Dinner Date

The drive was a slow and nicely paced adventure. Since most of the island was a nature preserve, the area's main industry was concentrated in a single small city. So, it was mostly all local areas, and well... it's nice. Very quaint. You glanced around at some of the buildings, seeing historic sights here and there. Overall, you felt at peace for once. And granted, hey, beats what you had been going with for some time at work.

The parking lot was relatively small, which was shocking since the place was so popular. A small pavilion from the main building was meant for outdoor eating with 10 tables, each with five chairs. Once you were inside, you let the atmosphere take over.

Just looking around, you can see people of all ages enjoying themselves. You and Nessa were seated around a window to the cove the building bordered. Both you and Nessa ordered drinks and waited.

(Y/N): So, enjoying the trip?

Nessa: You have no idea.

(Y/N): Well, that's good. (Sighs) We really needed this.

Nessa: I know, right? So...what do you think of the unit. Good? Not so good?

(Y/N): That thing is great. Plenty of space. Feels like I got a fresh apartment building rather than a hotel room.

Nessa smiled at you and nodded a little.

Nessa: Well, it IS a resort home.

(Y/N): Yeah.

Waitress: Sir, Ma'am. Your drinks.

(Y/N) and Nessa: Thank you.

You and Nessa had both ordered some soft drinks along with your meals. After placing your orders, you and Nessa continued to talk for a while, just catching up and enjoying yourselves. She mentioned some deal going down with Sonia about a cult or something. It wasn't that you didn't care, you did. But details are iffy. Even she said that to you. But still though, just hearing her reminisce on the good times was enough to bring a smile to your face.

Nessa took a sip of her soda and slowly glanced up from the table over to the bar. She tapped her glass a little and gestured forward slightly with her head.

Nessa: Isn't that your coworker?

(Y/N): Is he fat?

Nessa: A little overweight, yes?

(Y/N): (Whispers) Shit.

You glance back to the bar, and your jaw dropped. You couldn't believe it. How the hell did he find you here as well? You turned back to Nessa and looked at her.

(Y/N): (Whispers) Keep your head low, don't look at him at all. He's been freaking me out. And I'm worried. You just stay silent and please try not to acknowledge him.

Nessa nodded a little and took your hand. You slowly glanced up at her and saw her smile warmly at you.

Nessa: There's nothing to worry about. I'm here, and so are you. That's all we need, ok?

(Y/N): Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm denying the stalker behind us. I feel like he is catching on. And well...

Nessa: Hey, one more creep is nothing new.

(Y/N): But it should be. You shouldn't have to deal with this. WE shouldn't have to deal with this.

Nessa: And we do. That's just how life is (Y/N). And there is nothing we can do about it.

You sighed a little and dipped your head a little. Nessa sighed a little, placed her hand on your chin, and softly pushed you to look at her. She smiled and looked at you.