Chapter 16: Baby Making

Dinah and Normani smiled as the delivery men dropped the mattress onto their new king-sized bed in their house in Salt Lake City. Normani gave them a generous tip and they thanked her on the way out. Dinah took out the Egyptian cotton sheets she had splurged on and Normani walked back into the bedroom and looked at her quizzically.

"Aren't you gonna wash them first?" Normani asked, looking at the marks from where the sheets were folded.

"Help me put them on real quick," Dinah said, "I'm excited to see how it looks."

"Okay," Normani said, still looking at Dinah like she was a little bit loony.

They put the sheets on the bed and on the pillows and Dinah stood back and smiled.

"It'll look a lot better when the comforter shows up," Normani said, smiling wryly.

Dinah looked at Normani with a big smile then walked close and picked her up over her shoulder. Normani was startled and started laughing as she held on to Dinah's back.

"Dinah Jane!" Normani yelped, "What are you doing?"

"We have at least an hour," Dinah said, straining a bit to talk between her own laughter and throwing Normani onto the bed, "We're definitely christening the new bed."

Normani laughed as Dinah kicked off her shoes and jumped onto the bed, landing on her knees and leaning over her wife.

"You could have just asked politely," Normani said, giggling as Dinah leaned down and began kissing her neck.

"No fun," Dinah murmured, nibbling at Normani's ear.

It didn't take long before they were both naked atop the supple sheets with Dinah three fingers deep into her screaming wife. After Normani took her turn with Dinah, they were both left panting and satisfied on the new bed. Dinah reached over and gently pulled Normani into her arms, cuddling her close.

"So now you're feeling all sweet?" Normani teased, grinning at Dinah.

"I love you so much," Dinah said tenderly, looking at Normani with clear adoration. Normani melted into her wife's arms hearing her soft words and nuzzled into her neck.

"I love you too, babe," Normani answered, gently tracing her fingertips along Dinah's collarbone.

"I wish we could just make a baby this way," Dinah sighed out.

"Me too," Normani answered, propping herself on her elbow and looking at Dinah, "But we'll make our family, whatever it takes."

"And you're sure you can do this?" Dinah asked, "with the new job and everything?"

"Yes, I'm sure," Normani answered, "I've spoken to Lauren and Camila at length about LJCorp. They couldn't be more supportive of us trying to get pregnant whenever we're ready. Lauren is absolutely committed to supporting women and families at LJCorp and she says it starts at the top. She's all in."

"I wonder if they'll be next," Dinah said, grinning.

"I wouldn't doubt it," Normani answered.

**************************

Lauren placed the last bag of groceries in the refrigerator and closed the door. Camila smiled widely and looked around their new home. Everything was finally done and they were planning to move out of Eliza's house and into the new place on Saturday. All that was left in Alta Vista was a few clothes and their toiletries. Dinah and Normani would be a couple of weeks behind them after Ruby's graduation. Eliza's fully furnished condo was just three blocks away and she had already stayed overnight with a friend when they went to the theater in Salt Lake City the weekend before. Eliza loved the place and looked forward to being able to go back and forth as often as she wanted.