III. Ask her out!

~ James Pov~

It's been a while since our last gig, Y/N and the band have become close friends especially Kirk and Y/N.

I've never seen Kirk that happy...
When someone uses her name, his eyes light up and he smiles but when Lars or I point it out, Cliff stays out of it most of the time, he turns red and tries to change the subject.

We knew that he had a huge crush on Y/N so we loved to annoy him with it.

Y/N Pov

I went into the studio, because I knew that they always sit there and record or just talk about music and stuff.
As I opened the door I was met with Kirk hitting James on the arm. "You don't tell Y/N anything, alright?!" He hissed at James.

"Don't tell me what?" I said and everyone looked at me. "Nothing.." Kirk said as he sat upright.
"Actually-" James couldn't finish his sentence because Kirk was giving him a death stare.
"Actually," he said again, "Cliff, Lars and me wanted to go to a bar today." He smirked at Kirk.

"You two have fun!" He said as the three stood up and went out of the door.
I looked at Kirk and he just stared at me.
"So-," I said, "What was that all about?"
Kirk started to play with the hem of his shirt while avoiding eye contact with me.

"I don't know?" He finally said. "You don't know?" I asked him, not believing a single word.
"No...but do you maybe.." he looked at me for a second before looking at the floor again. "Want to go on a date with me?" He immediately stood up after the words left his mouth. "You don't hav-" But I interrupted him. "Of course, Kirk! I'd love to go on a date with you!"

"Wait, really?" Kirk said smiling while looking at me. "Yes, Kirk. Really." "Fuck yes!" He said happily and I chuckled. I had a light shade of pink on my cheeks...like, holy shit Kirk Hammett just asked me out on a date! "There's this restaurant not far away from here," Kirk said, "wanna go there?"

"Of course! When?" I asked. "How about now?" He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the studio.

~At the restaurant~

Kirk and I sat down on a table and looked at the menu.
"Hello, what would you like to order?" A man asked us.
"I'd like the number 57." Kirk said as he looked up from the menu to the man.

"What about you, beautiful?"
The man asked me and I cringed at his words. Kirk didn't look very pleased too.

"I'd like the number 36..." I said as I looked at Kirk who just looked very pissed off.
"Alright, may I have your number too, baby?"
That was Kirks last straw, he stood up and got infront of the man. "Alright man, listen up! You leave my girlfriend alone right now!"

He then grabbed my arm and lead me to the door. I looked behind me and saw the man looking angrily after us. As we left the building Kirk let go of my arm. "I'm sorry," Kirk said, "I just can't understand people that ask others out while they're clearly on a date with someone else!"

I just looked at him with a light shade of pink on my cheeks. "Are you alright Y/N?" Kirk asked worriedly. "You..." I looked him in the eyes, "you called me your girlfriend.."

Kirk suddenly blushed and looked away. "That was just to get the man to shut up." He said as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"Well-," he finally said after what felt like an eternity of silence, "I'm sorry that the date didn't go as planned...how about we go and watch a movie at my place? We could order some food online too!"

"I'd love nothing more than that, Kirk." I said and we both walked to his apartment.

_________________________________________________

Authors note: I hope you enjoyed chapter 3 of this book.
I'll write about the movie night in the next chapter but I'm pretty tired rn so I won't post chapter 4 today!
Feel free to leave and Feedback on how you found this story.

Have a great day/night! :)

_________________________________________________