36. Isn't It Weird?

Isn't it weird when your maid cares?
Comes into your room upstairs

And asks if you ate and scolds if you did not
And your own mom didn't even give you a thought
Then, you realize this and quietly cry out of earshot

You tell your mom, I didn't eat anything at school
She says, go and do it now, then, you fool
Without even sparing a glance or getting up from her stool

Isn't it weird when a teacher says politely to you
Your marks are less only this time, you can share the reason but true

And your dad is ready to scold and ground you for a week
And in defense, you aren't even permitted to speak

Isn't it weird, how you don't realize when you are mistreated?
When you compare and see only your treatment depleted
Until you pay attention, on returning home, how are you treated
And then, small arguments unconsciously get heated
Then, you are punished so that it is never repeated
And then...after failed attempts to protect your dignity...you just...feel defeated

************

Hey there, my lovely poem lovers! DrishKing008 is back with another Saturday poem for you depressed souls. I hope you enjoy this poem as well.

This poem is like a collection of events that make you realize that you are indeed mistreated. Many times, you didn't realize this until life bluntly shoves it into your face. These are small incidents that collectively leave a really big impact on your thinking and realization. 

When this realization finally hits, even if you aren't paying attention to it, it makes the small arguments big as you start hating them for the treatment they give you on a daily basis. Even if you tell them that they mistreat you or if you make an attempt to improve your treatment, you automatically become the 'Ungrateful' and 'Disrespectful' child and are punished for being that way when all you were trying to do is not be treated as an extra weight on earth and a burden for all. This generates a feeling of hopelessness in you which is very hard to remove.

Why do I feel like I am writing an essay?

Anyways, as some of you might have noticed, the cover of the poem collection now has an honourable mention sticker on it too. In the advent Christmas calender competition I have won an honorable mention for my poem 'The First Snowfall'. So, if you haven't already, make sure to check it out. It is available as a poem in this collection itself. I am so happy!

Also, I have another announcement to make. My e-book's 'Detective Wilbur Horace', which has also won another honourable mention in bizarre cases contest, edited and full version is now available for free on Amazon kindle under the pen name Drish King. That's right fellows. No need to pay $2.99 to read it, you can buy it for free on Amazon. The free promotion will be on Sunday, 22nd Jan, 2023. So, don't miss this opportunity. Buy my book for free on that day and leave some reviews to support me in my career as an author as well.

Vote, Comment, Share and all that. You guys know what's up here. So, do that.

See you next Saturday!