018

You were munching on your breakfast in the kitchen, having just woken up after last night's events when Sanzu walked in, blood speckles over his alabaster skin.

"Hey, you got a little something..." You pointed to his face, near his cheek and chin where the blood was.

"Oh, here?" He wiped, completely missing the spot. You shook your head. He tried again, failing.

"I got it." You took a wash cloth and ran it under warm water before running it gently across his skin. "Did he say anything?" Your eyes found his blue ones as you asked before drifting back to the task at hand.

Sanzu looked away from you guiltily before clearing his throat. "Just what we expected. Hanma." Was all he said, and you nodded. So, he was being dead ass about that whole grand announcement. You threw the dirtied rag in the sink.

"Can't say I saw that one coming." You confessed. "For you guys or me?"

"Us." You hummed at his words, running them through your head.

"That's weird, if he wanted you guys dead he should've let me finish my job to begin with." A cheeky smile graced your lips. Sanzu didn't return the look though, he instead grabbed onto your wrist gently and looked deeply into your eyes.

"Y/n, be careful. He's unhinged. Some of the shit Kenta told us... whoever he was, isn't him anymore. Hasn't been for a while." Your lips parted at his words as your breath got stuck in your throat. Wasn't himself anymore, huh? He'd always had a cruel streak to him, but had he gotten so bad that even Sanzu, the Sanzu Haruchiyo was mulling over it?

You already knew you played a bigger part in that than you ever wanted to admit. You killed Hanma that day and allowed him to be overtaken by something ten times worse and more calculating. That was your fault. If you'd just ensured the job was done... You couldn't turn back time. Everything he had done and will do since that moment sat on your shoulders and the weight was suffocating.

Clearing your throat you brushed it off, laughing lightly. "Sanzu, do you know who the fuck you're talking to?" You asked cockily, arms fanning out in a grand gesture of yourself.

He let out a laugh, pink lashes covering his eyes and raised his hands in defense. "Of course, my bad."

"Hungry?" You asked, shoving your plate of barely touched food towards him, your appetite suddenly vanishing.

He took a large bite of the hashbrowns you'd made. "Mm, delicious! You know what'd make this even better?" You looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "Xanax. I'll be right back." Your face dropped as he excitedly left in the direction of his room, humming a light tune. Doesn't that decrease appetite? Did this man just diss you? Dumb ass.

Sighing you resigned to your room, laying in bed. Sanzu's words replaying in your head. Sick of obsessing you went to your closet and put on an outfit to go shopping in. After checking yourself out in the mirror you walked out, spotting Hana along the way.

"Oh, Hana!" Your voice was light, no disdain in it towards the girl for once. "I'm heading out to the mall, can you just tell Mikey and the others when you see them? Thanks." A wide Cheshire like grin spread on Hana's face at your words. Was she really that excited to have you out of the house? Shrugging it off you called for an uber and made your way outside.

After you arrived at the mall you browsed through the stores but found nothing that really caught your eye. Leaving, you decided to browse through the local stores along the street instead. You were about to head into a bakery when a dog barking caught your attention. Turning towards the window you saw a small black puppy happily jumping back and forth, side to side, begging for your attention. Absolute taken with the little one, you walked into the store, needing to pet it before you left.