Chapter 7

Claire stood in the kitchen cutting veggies for the salad; she had decided to make smothered pork chops with scalloped potatoes and tossed salad. She looked at Tom as he put the awning up and grabbed
a bottle of beer and went out to check on him.

Claire: That looks amazing! (She hands him a beer) I really appreciate you doing that for me. I couldn't get anyone to install it.

Tom: Not sure why. It wasn't difficult.

Claire: Dinner will be ready in about 30 minutes.

Tom (smirks and takes his shirt off, noticing when Claire blushes) Great. I can take a quick shower then? (Claire nods as she stares at him) be back in a few.

Claire watched Tom leave and covers her face with her hands groaning. Then, she takes her hands off her face as something dawned of her. He was trying to flirt with her. And she was totally falling into his trap. She stood up and furrowed her brow. She could play that game too. Tom had no idea who he was messing with!

Claire checked on the potatoes and went into the dressing area to find something to wear. She looked at her clothes and went with a casual strappy sundress that called just a little attention to her chest and had the empress waistline. She also pulled out her little sandals with the 2 inch heels. She changed clothes and sat at her little vanity to put a little makeup on and fix her hair. She didn't want to wear it up, so she pulled it half up and left the rest down. She heard Tom knocking on the door while she was finishing up and stuck her head out the dressing area door to tell him to come in. She went back to finish her hair and put on a little bit of her perfume. She stood up and adjusted her bra and walked out to the kitchen and froze on her tracks when she saw Tom.

Tom turned to face her and smiled. He was wearing blue jeans and a shirt with a jacket and his hair combed back. He had one hand in his pocket and the other he was leaning on at the kitchen counter. He suddenly started forgetting nervously.

Tom: I... You look...nice. (He shuffled his feet a little)

Claire: You do too. I was afraid I'd be overdressed. Are you ok?

Tom (nods and shrugs trying to act smooth): Sure. I'm fine.

Claire: Good. Wanna eat on the patio? It's a really beautiful evening.

Tom: Sure. I'll set the table then.

Claire watches Tom walk outside to set the table and turns to serve the food. She started grumbling under her breath about how damn cute he looked and how she was going to make him sorry for thinking he could out-flirt her. She turned around and saw Tom standing in the doorway.

Tom: Did you say something?

Claire: Nope. Just getting the food. I hope I have enough to satisfy your appetite. (She smiled making a point of brushing up against him when she walked past him to the patio)

Tom followed Claire to the table and pulled out a chair for her, carefully brushing his hand accidentally on her shoulder as she sat. Claire clasped her hands under her chin as he sat in the chair next to her. She leaned forward a little as she served the food to tease Tom with a little cleavage. She smiled as she saw him notice and handed him his plate. Tom smiled at her and winked as he took the plate. Claire got up from the table to get the salad dressings she forgot for the table. She had made three different homemade dressings since she didn't know what he would like. She set them on the table and sat back down.

Claire: Which dressing do you want?

Tom (looks at the choices): The creamy one please. (Claire served him a little and wiped the little bit off from the bowl and locked it off her finger. Tom watched her and his eyes went wide. Then, when she served her own, she did the same with the different dressing, but this time, Tom grabbed her hand before she could lick it clean. Claire looked directly at him as he locked her eyes with hers. He stood up and walked over to stand next to her still holding her hand as he pressed up against her. Claire held her breath as he lifted her hand to his mouth and licked her finger clean. He smiled and sat back down and started eating like nothing happened. Claire stood there for a second before she sat down and cleared her throat.

Claire (mumbling under her breath): Well. That was rude...

Tom: Well, you started it.

Claire (scoffs) Oh REALLY?!?!? And I suppose you're going to finish it?

Tom (shrugs as he wipes his face): Maybe.

Claire (crosses her arms on her chest): And how do you expect to do that?

Tom stands up, walks over to Claire's chair and stands her up, putting one hand on her back and pulling her flush against him and looking into her eyes. He takes his free hand and puts it on her neck, brushing his thumb across her cheek as he looks in her eyes. He leans closer to her as she holds her breath, looking into his eyes. After what felt like forever, he pressed his lips to hers and kissed her.