Dinner (chapter 10

I was so excited. Aiden and Storm did an amazing job and the capitol loved us. We already has 100s of sponsors requests, now we have a better chance of being crowned victors.  We arrived home and I hopped in the shower and let the hot streams of water run down my head and warm me up. I washed myself in the fancy capitol soap.

I grabbed a towel and dried myself and left my hair damp. I chose some simple clothes. I cropped baggy t shirt and a Plaited skirt I put a warm, knee length, beige coat and left my hair unstyled. 

I walked downstairs and sat a at the dinner table and talked to Johanna about the chariot ride. She approved and said for the interview I should go fiery, bold, competitive and wear a dress that not to fancy but showed lots of skin. I would usually disapprove but it was a special occasion???

Jordan and Finnick walked in and they sat down on the table. For once my heart didn't skip a beat. I think I was over Jordan. The Avox served us pasta and I ate the first bowl super fast and slurped down my tea. 

Johanna kept putting her feet on the table and was also practised her knife skills by stabbing into the pasta and twisting it. 

Finnick and Jordan were the worst as they stated a chugging competition who could drink the most water. They each filled their 2 litre water bottle with sparkling water and raised their bottle up.

"3,2,1" Johanna and I counted 

Finnick was amazing and finished it super quickly. He wiped a single drop of water of his chin and watched Jordan. 

Jordan was very bad, he was only 1/4 of a way though when Finnick finished you could see pure determination on his face and he poured the rest of the water down his throat. At least that was what he was meant to do instead thigh he spilled the thing down with new shirt and when he though he was finished he was only halfway he grabbed the bottle walked over to the indoor stream and pretend to mess his hair up but actually tipped the bottle in the stream.

"Done" he announced 

Me and Johanna laughed.  But it was Finnick who laughed the hardest when Jordan let a massive burp escape with mouth. 

"Sorry the bubbles go to me" he said embarrassed.

He was as red as a strawberry and he looked down for the rest of dinner.

  Charlie the host was disgusted at my manners and scolded us including Finnick and Johanna and punished us by sending us to bed at 8:00. 

So early. 

I ran upstairs, wished everyone goodnight and opened my door. I grabbed my pyjamas no put them on Which were a leopard skin short sleeve with a Pink background. I hopped into them went to the bathroom played my hair into two braids while brushing my teeth. Their toothpaste tasted like cherries, the best part was it was edible. 

I jumped on my bed pulled the covers over me. I read for a while and turned the Tv on and watched the previous district 4 victors. Finnick was young and smart, he was winning by a lot and when he was about to be crowned champion when my door opened.

It was Finnick

"Hey lil, can you try to get some sleep now." He asked, dark circles covering his eyes. Must have been the first time he looked unattractive. I checked the time 11:49. I gasped. 

Already?

I nodded he left me and I turned my lights off.

Letting my mind drift into the darkness