A Summer Romance: Chapter 7

“Today is such a beautiful day!” I exclaimed.

“I couldn’t agree more sister,” Belle said.

“What the hell is wrong with the two of you?” Victor and Victoria asked simultaneously.

“Aww, they’re so cute when they act all twin-like,” I cried, pinching their cheeks.

“I think they’re high,” Victor told his twin, “Amy, I am ashamed of you. I expected this type of behavior from Belle but certainly not from you.”

“Excuse me?” Belle cried incredulously.

“We’re not high,” I said, laughing, “we’re just happy, I guess.”

“Whatever. While you guys are here being ‘happy’, I’ll be on a date with Rose.”

“Good for you.”

“Goodbye.”

Last night, Belle had forced me to tell her everything and I couldn’t resist telling her what had happened. I suppose she was only suspicious because I was reacting weirdly to Taylor’s kiss.

“Maybe this means that he likes you,” Belle had said while lying on her bed, “I mean really likes you.”

“Yeah, maybe.”

“We really should get you something fantastic to wear,” Belle said.

“Sure but not before breakfast. There’s more people home this morning than there usually is and you know Mom will take this opportunity-”

“To have breakfast as a family,” Belle finished, sounding bored.

“Exactly.”

It was exactly as I’d predicted. Mom had pulled us downstairs before we’d even had a chance to change.

“Mom, can I ask you something?” I began nervously while we were washing the dishes together.

“Yes honey. What is it?”

“How do you know a guy likes you?”

Normally that was a question I would take to Belle but I wanted to hear what Mom had to say.

“I don’t know, honey, everybody’s different and I suppose they’ll have their different ways of expressing their feelings. Why’d you ask? Are you interested in someone but you’re not sure how they feel about you?”

Questions like these made my parents embarrassing but it was amazing how much my mom could be right.

“No, just asking. If you’ll excuse me, I have to go get ready.” I didn’t want Taylor to have to wait on me again and I especially did not want him to be looking at family photos with my parents. Again.