A Summer Romance: Chapter 2

Another chapter up!!!! Once again I'll stop talking so you can get reading. Don't forget to comment and vote!!!!

CHAPTER TWO

"We need to go back right home right now!" Belle said suddenly, her hand suspended in the air holding her blue mindress.

"What's the problem?" Victoria asked, carefully ironing her bronze coloured dress.

"I forgot my white beaded necklace and it would go so perfectly with this dress," she said, sounding like a five-year-old.

"No problem. You can borrow my flower necklace," I offered.

"The gold one with the blue in the middle?"

"That's the one."

"What will you wear. Besides, fashion isn't a big deal for me as it is for you."

"Oh, thank you so much," Belle cried, almost choking the life out of me, "you're the best sister anyone could have."

"You can also borrow my blue bangles and earrings. I'm not using them tonight," Victoria said happily.

"You guys are the greatest!" Belle exclaimed, squashing Victoria as well, "I wonder what Kara'll think of me now?"

"Who?" Victoria and I asked in unison.

"Kara Benson, you know, the oldest child of the Bensons?"

Victoria and I shook our heads to show our confusion.

"Yes, well she's the oldest and under the delusion that she's all that and more," Belle explained bitterly, " then there's Rosalie. She's around your age. Taylor, he's one year older than Rose. And finally, Scott."

At this point of her explanation, a dreamy, faraway look came upon Belle's face.

"Anyway," she continued, coming out of her reverie, "he's not part of the Bensons but he is always there. I guess I shouldn't expect you to remember them."

"Exactly, especially since the last time we came to visit Grandma was when I was five," I said, putting my white jacket over my black dress.

We left the room after Belle had combed her curly hair and Victoria pulled hers into a high ponytail. Mine was in a low ponytail with some short strands of hair hanging down in front.

"You girls look beautiful!" my mom said as we came down the stairs one by one. We waited for Grandma and Grandpa to get dressed and five minutes later we left for the Hall.

*

The first thing that met our eyes as we walked through the great oak doors of the Hall was the beautifully arced streamers and the hanging crystal chandeliers.

"Wow, this place is amazing!" I heard Victoria whisper and I couldn't help but silently agree with her.

Several tables with cream coloured tablecloths were packed with snacks while others had chairs around them covered with china plates and eating utensils while shining, crystal clear glasses stood next to them.

"Fred! Kate!" came a deep voice.

Walking towards us was a tall, dark-haired man with a fair-haired woman at his side and a girl behind them.

"How are you?" the man asked heartily.

"We're fine thank you, Michael," my dad answered stiffly.

"You look so lovely, Kate. You do remember my charming wife, don't you? Here's an idea. Why don't you come with is to the lobby and we'll talk. What do you say?"