Jealousy - Welt x Wife! Reader

A/N: So the person requested me to do another Welt Yang x Wife! Reader with Sirin as their child and I thought why not. This is a continuation of the first Welt Yang x Wife! Reader.

Requested by Tinny_Black_puppy.

...

Today was the big day. It was the day of the field test, the exam that determines if a Valkyrie ranks up or ranks down. Sirin breathes and reminds herself to only use her skills, not her abilities. Everyone would be watching her and she has to prove to them that she was a capable Valkyrie with or without her Herrscher powers.

"Are you ready?" The examiner asked.

Sirin breathes and nods to the examiner. "Ready."

Immediately after she says that the arena was filled with opponents to fight. Sirin springs into action and takes down the first wave of robots effortlessly. The next wave consisted of small Honkai beasts. Nothing too hard. Sirin was able to take those down as well. An alarm blared, warning her that the last wave was about to start.

"Calm." She reminds herself as the final wave begins. "I'm almost there."

The final wave was slightly more difficult and it took her a little longer to clear than the last two rounds, but she was able to clear all three waves. When she defeated the last monster, the stimulation shuts down, ending her exam. Her examiner as well as all her other classmates clapped for her as she returns to the sideline.

"Impressive job, Sirin." The examiner praised her before examining her state. "And not a sweat out of place. Certainly, you deserve to be promoted to A-Rank."

Happiness envelopes her whole body.

"Thank you." She says.

"The promotion ceremony is within a few days. Principal Theresa will also be awarding you a badge for your achievement. It would be a shame if your parents aren't informed."

The girl knew what the examiner was hinting at.

"I'll be sure to tell them." She promises.

The examiner smiles, satisfied with her answer. "Excellent. Now, next will be—"

Sirin walks back in line, ignoring the stares and whispers she's got. She couldn't wait to relay the good news. As the examiner calls forth the next test taker, Sirin wishes for exams to be over soon. She can't wait to get home.

...

"Welcome home, my dear." You greeted when the door to your front porch opened. "I just finished making dinner. How was school?"

While you were placing the already-cooked meal onto the table, Sirin hurried to put her bag away to help out. You graciously thanked her.

"School was fine." She answered as the two of you sat down. "There's going to be a promotion ceremony in a few weeks..."

You immediately knew what the purple-haired girl was trying to say.

"Oh! You're getting promoted? I'm so proud of you, Sirin." Sirin bashfully looked away, trying not to appear affected, but you could tell your praise warmed her heart. "You're going to be an A-Rank right?"

Last you checked, she was a B-Rank.

Your daughter nods. "I was hoping that you and dad would come. If you want to."

"Of course, I want to! I'll even take the day off if I have to. Now, where is my camera? We can't lose the opportunity to document this."

Sirin tried to stop you but you were gone before she could lift a finger, presumably digging through your things for your camera. She slumps back onto her chair and returns to eating the rest of her meal. A faint smile stretched on her face. Sirin was happy that you were excited about her ceremony. The girl paused and looks at the empty chair situated beside yours.