Her One And Only Regret - Elysia x Reader

Written by MaTcHu0210.
Requested by asaksfx.

~•~

Elysia falls to her knees on a lone hill beside a field of violets...

The girl who is always seen with a smile on her face.

The girl who brings a smile to everyone's face.

The girl who somehow always knows exactly what to say to comfort her comrades.

The girl who everyone found mysterious and yet trustworthy.

The girl who loves everyone.

The woman would give up her life for the sake of humanity.

The hero who became a MANTIS to fight and protect the people she so desperately loves.

The very first Herrscher who fought for humanity.

That girl is now seen kneeling on the ground, tears running down her face.

She places her hand on a stone on the ground, with a helmet beside it. The helmet was black and gold, the eye holes were damaged and the helmet itself was covered in some green moss. The tombstone was damaged, so none of the words or letters were discernible to the eyes of anyone.

But Elysia didn't need the tombstone to know who was there.

She remembers who was buried here, she vividly recalls the day that this person had left her behind.

Her one and only regret...

~•~

It had been around a week since you entered the Elysian Realm to meet the Flame Chasers.

Your sister, Raiden Mei, had decided to meet the heroes of the Previous Era. You've heard from other soldiers of World Serpent about the Elysian Realm and some stories of the Flame Chasers from Raven.

You were skeptical, to say the least.

A simulation that recorded the consciousness and memories of heroes from the previous era?

You thought it ridiculous.

But you knew how ridiculous ideas and inventions could become reality

You were living proof of that.

You are a mechanic. You build machines and inventions that rival even the minds of Dr. Tesla and Einstein. You were one of the smartest minds alive, yet people found your plans for self-cyberization insane. You began replacing much of your body—such as your arms and your spine—with machinery to better support you in the war against the Honkai. Your metal arms had gadgets in them like arm blades, sonic emitters, and others that would help you in combat. Your feet had become pure metal to protect you from any type of fall damage. You were faster, stronger, and could match the likes of Anti-Entropy mechs. You could move as fast as the eye can blink, and your strength could break machinery like it was a pencil. A mere human like you doing feats like this was impossible.

But you weren't invincible.

All inventions have flaws.

And this "Elysian Realm" with its "Sims" is no exception.

That worries you more, knowing Mei plans on going there for more answers.

Mei was stubborn, you knew that ever since she was a little girl. Back when she was still a child, back at St. Freya, back at the Hyperion when Kiana went missing. You saw that when Mei sets her eyes on a goal, she will not stop until they are met. You knew the lengths she would go to achieve her goals.