Chapter 8:Jake

They (the music club) were walking back to the music room. "Ok, let's get back to work." Hailey said.
_______________________________
After practice
_______________________________
The bell rang. "Great, almost time to go home." Jake complained in his head. The normal student would be excited to go home, but Jake's parents divorced when he was 11. While his dad was an angel, his dumb mom got to take care of him and his brothers on weekdays. Even though him and his brothers don't get along that well anymore, they can agree on one thing, their mom is a horrible selfish witch who only cares about herself and herself only. Something might get thrown across the living room out of anger, somebody might get hit by Jake's mom, who knows?! The only highlight of that house is the family dog, Oreo.
________________________________
After  the last period
_______________________________
Jake hopped on the bus staring out the window and fearing what will happen to him/his brothers. When he got home, he took off his shoes and stepped in the house
______________________________
Meanwhile with Zander
______________________________
Zander plopped onto his bed. He was tired as heck. "I'm so happy school is over!" Zander moaned. He heard a ring on his phone. It was an unknown number but he picked up thinking it would be someone he knew and forgot about. "Is this Zander?" A voice on the other end asked. "Uh,I think so, who is this?" Zander asked. "It's me, Henry." The voice answered. "I was thinking, wanna hang out with me, Drew and Liam after school tomorrow?" Henry asked. Zander thought about it, leaning towards yes. "S-sure!" Zander stuttered. Then, a person saved as "Jake🙄" called  him. "Uh, somebody's calling me, see ya." Zander said. "Ok, bye!" Henry shouted. Zander picked up. "Hello?" Zander greeted. He heard running and loud breathing coming from the other end. Then, he heard a door slam shut. "Uhhh, was this a butt-dial orr?" Zander asked. "NO! Help
Me! My mom's really abusive and CPS didn't believe my abuse claims. Get me and my brothers outta here via your dad or mom's car, call CPS yourself, please just do something!" Jake's mom stormed in the room. "Who are you on the phone with?!" Jake's mom yelled. "M-my friend." Jake stuttered. Jake's mom took the phone out of Jake's hands. "Hi." Zander greeted. "You're grounded for a long time." Jake's mom said to Jake with a face straighter than Taron Egerton before hanging up. Zander sighed. He lied down in bed with his arms and legs spread out and put his phone next to him. He wanted to help Jake but he didn't know how! He probably knew him very well and was probably close to him but he sincerely doubted his dad would drive him all the way to this kid's house. He thought about calling CPS but realized they probably wouldn't believe him either.
______________________________
The next day
_____________________________
Zander stepped onto campus and overheard Jake talking to Hailey about the situation. "So I'm grounded for who knows how long! I asked my mom how long and she said that because I asked I was even more grounded. I mean, I'll have my phone over the weekend cuz my and my bros will be at my dad's so yeah." Jake said. "Sorry I couldn't help Jake..."  Zander said walking up to Jake. "It's alright. In fact, I don't know why I excepted you of all people to help." Jake sighed.
~end of chapter 8~
~Jake angst😈🤭.  This chapter sucked but I haven't updated this book in a month so had to publish something. Chapter 10 will be the last chapter. Second-to-last if you count the short alt ending I already wrote. Have a nice day/night and bai~