Chapter 8

I tip-toed over to Germany's room to peek and see if he was asleep. And sure enough he was.

I walked in slowly and quietly and stared at his calm sleeping face. God must be quite the artist to make such a handsome face.

I smiled and walked over to the other side of the bed and snuck in.

He started shuffling. He rolled over and his front was facing me now. Good. He's still asleep. I sighed.

Then suddenly my body was embraced in warmth once again. Just like the night before. His arms were around me, his head was right above mine. My face went all hot and if I could see it it would probably be red like pasta sauce.

"Mm..."
He's mumbling again.

I was really tempted to hug him back. But what if he woke up?! Maybe I could pretend I was sleeping...

I hugged him back. He didn't wake up. But he smiled.
I was a little shocked. He never smiles! But when he does it's like a gift sent from the heavens. Like his face.

I smiled too.

It felt wrong, cuddling with someone and them cuddling me back, without them noticing. But I can't help loving this, I can't help loving who I love.

I can't help loving Germany.

I rest my head on his chest. His chest is very warm. It made me feel warm too.

Silence.

"Feliciano..."

What?! Is he awake?! *Oddio...

I kept my eyes closed. But I was curious... I opened one, but not much. I could see his face. His eyes were open.

There was some emotion in them. A mixture of sadness and happiness.

It was so hard not to open my eyes all the way to stare back at his, the eyes that were so blue, bluer than the sky and more sparkling than the ocean.

Then suddenly,

He kissed my forehead.