4. Doom

Ages ago, when Ionians got differentiated from Humans by the blessings Mother Goddess Ocean, they still used associate with humans. Humans were good back then and so were well aware of the presence of civilization underwater.

But soon, they started turning greedy. A greed so dangerous that they starting harming each other. And that's when the ancestors thought that it is time to stay away from them. Rules were made out of which one stated that no Ionian is to associate with any being from the land under any circumstance.

But Mother Ocean was attached to both her children on land and of sea so she, for the first time appeared in front of Ionians to give her command which was- once after every nine coronations, the 10th Monarch of Ionia should be a result of union between land and sea, to continue the line of blood from land, in Ionia. And thus, only Royals of Atlantis, to whom the Goddess left the Eternal crystal, were the ones to have connections with the humans and that too was only allowed for the 9th monarch.

Years passed, Ionia flourished and prospered more than the world above. An establishment of immense power and 1000 times more advanced than establishments on land yet more peaceful. 

And then came the golden reign of King Orion. Everything was at it's peak under him. He was the best Ionia had seen in many centuries. He was the 9th after King after the last Mixed-blood King of Ionia and obviously had the duty of producing a mixed blood heir. And he did it.

His only mistake was the before having an heir with a woman from Land........he had another son from a pure Ionian woman.

Both the Princes grew in Ionia with a three year age difference between them. The elder one, obviously having much concentration of Ionian blood, grew up to be much more stronger and powerful than the younger one. Such were his capabilities, caliber and understanding of his Kingdom that he surpassed even his father.

But he was greedy........greedy for a position which was not his.

King Orion, when his younger son attained the age of 20, decided to back off as King and coronate him. The elder one, verbally asked for his right as the elder son but when it was not granted to him he challenged his brother for a dual in presence of subjects and the King.

Adamant to have the throne for himself at any cost, the younger Prince accepted it without even having an estimation of his elder brother's power and strength. 

Not only was he defeated in the most shameful way..........but was murdered by his elder brother whose hatred didn't care about the presence of his father and subjects.

King, not able to handle the grief and also not agreeing to commit sin of killing his own blood............punished the Prince in the only way he could. The Prince was exiled alone to the dangerous and dark depth of ocean. He was not just exiled but held captive around the most dangerous monsters of Ocean.

____________________

'Damn.' left my mouth with a low tone as I heard the whole history of this person.

After silence of many moments, Mom spoke 'But Simon........if he is captive then there is no danger right?......And besides why would he even want Gemma?'

Simon, who seemed to talk for the whole council, replied 'My Lady, King Orion never left his suspicion of another mixed blood being in existence other than his younger son. And he is now finding that Child to make him of her his heir. This is the reason why the exiled Prince would want your daughter.'

No I wasn't shocked at that time. My mind was too full of things to be shocked so I collected everything to analyze it later.

'And he is not captive anymore.' Dad dropped another bomb.