Chapter 45 - Bang! Bang!

SAGE'S POV

"Umm... My side hurts... What the hell did I do now? Did I get shot again?" I mumbled while rubbing my aching head.

"And why am I laying on the ground? This is so weird. Am I dreaming? That has to be it." Everything around me was clean. The garden was clean, and the air smelt different for example there was no trace of the scent of cigarettes, weed, smoke, smog, car waste, nothing!

"This has to be a dream. I'm allergic to cleanness, my dear subconscious. There should be chaos around me, not this. At least the sky is grey," I mumble and prop myself on my elbows.

"Sage." A voice calls me. It's familiar, feminine, and... impossible... A hand came into my sign, and her tattoos gave her away.

"Mom? There goes the dream theory. It seems like I'm dead!" She laughed at me, and I grabbed her hand.

"Thanks, mom," I said once I was up on my own two feet. I attacked her in a hug and borrowed my face on her neck, hugging her as tightly as I could. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too," She whispered to me and lifted me off the floor. When she did it all my wounds hurt.

How can I be dead and still in pain?

Suddenly one of my legs touched something glued to my mother's leg, I pulled away from her and looked down, connecting my eyes with dark brown ones identical to my mom's and the twins.

"No way..." Straight almost shoulder-length blond hair, light skin, chubby cheeks, chocolate brown eyes, and the size of a four years old, it has to be him.

"Raul?" I looked from mom to the little boy in shock. How the hell could this be? He was a baby when he was murdered.

"Come here, darling. It's your sis." Mom called him from behind her legs, and I dropped to my knees in front of him.

"How can this be?" I questioned her in amazement and opened my arms to hug him. He shily advanced forward, and I got the chance to hug him for the first time in my life. I will NEVER forget this moment.

"You've grown so much, lil' bro." I held his face in my hands, caressed his cheeks and hair, and felt the softness of his skin in amazement.

"Listen, Sage, we don't have much time left." I offered Raul my arms in a silent request to pick him up, and he willingly came, hugging me as strongly as I had first done it, and hid his face on my neck.

"Then tell me what you need, mom. I will do whatever it is, just ask." If I could take back my words, I would at that moment that followed.

"Forgive your father."

"Hell no!"

"Language, Sage."

"No, mom! Things are not that simple. After everything he put us through, I won't forgive him that simply. He has to work for it because God knows how much I've suffered to keep him and the whole family safe, and the first thing he did when he saw me was to insult me. I will not stand for that. He's got to sweat it to earn it." My temper was rising with the topic, and so was my voice. My mom signed at my stubbornness, but she didn't contradict me.

"Sooner or later, you will need him, and it's better if you forgive him before that. I love you, Sage."

I started hearing a voice surrounding me, it was a man's voice, and I started to understand that my time with mom and Raul was coming to an end. I didn't want to say goodbye, but I knew I had to.