~ ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 2 ~ 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟'

It's been a month since that day and I've learned a lot about her. She can sing. One night I had a nightmare and I woke up crying. Mevis has been staying in Soda and my room. It's very strange sleeping in the same room as the first girl I've ever liked, but she didn't want to be alone so she's here. Soda and Mevis were startled awake when they heard me. Darry even came in. Soda explained to her about my dreams and she started singing and rustling her hand into my blonde greasy hair. Mevis sang softly, "Its alrighttttt, you are okkk, no need to be scared I'm here for youuu. Your brothers toooo..." Suddenly I was asleep and too drowsy to think how beautiful she sang. I couldn't believe how sweet she's been. Mevis would even cook with Darry at times and help me with my homework. Instead of yelling at me for all the mistakes I did like Darry would, she would be happy to help and explained to me how it was wrong in the nicest way. When I understood it, she would say if I needed help to come straight to her. All the boys liked her and she liked them too. Golly she don't feel as heavy as I thought she would be, I know that 'cause one time I gave her a back ride on our way for lunch. She enjoyed it a lot and so did I. Our friendship grew and sometimes we would read to each other "Gone with the wind." My reading isn't as good as hers but she would smile and tell me how to say it if I said something wrong. I walked into the room and said, "Whatcha doing M?" She said as she showed me the book, "Reading." I said, "When you thinking about going back?" She sighed sadly and she said, "You don't want me here don't you?" I said firmly, "Of course I do, I love that you're here. But what about your family?" She patted on the bed and I sat down beside her. She said, "I miss them Ponyboy. I really do, I just don't want my dad to be there, it's complicated." I hugged her and she said, "I love being here with you. All of you." I knew she did but she has something to live for, she's got a home and a family that loves her. Sure I'll miss her again but she needs to go back for her own good. I don't want her endin' up like us, I don't want her to be a greaser. The next day, I had school so I couldn't hang out with her. Two-bit would be with her so she wouldn't have to be alone. He was rubbing her head and she said, "Bye Pony! See you after school." Darry said, "Two-bit go easy on her." Two-Bit slugged her arm, she smiled and he said, "Shoot I will." She was wearing jeans with boots and a black shirt with her hair in a bun. Darry and Soda were starting to care for her a lot, like a little sister. Soda hugged Mevis and put his cap on. He rubbed my head and now we were all leaving.