~ 𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤 ~

Ponyboy's P: One afternoon, M and I were finishing up a chapter of "Gone with the wind" in the room when Darry came in. Darry said, "Ponyboy play some football with Soda." I sighed and thought, Mevis and I were so comfortable, we were sitting on the bed and her head was on my shoulder. I could feel her heartbeat, steady, calm and slow, just as I thought. She looked mighty cute too, she was wearing jeans with an oversized tank top and her hair two braids. I said, "M you wanna play? I can teach you." She set down the book and said, "Sounds like fun." We went outside together and Soda and waitin' for us. "Come on let's play!" I taught Mevis how to play, I think she liked it and Soda was happy that she played too. Soda whispered in my ear, "Teach her how to hold the football and hold her hand." I said, "No no no. Are you crazy?" He said, "Yup." Soda pushed me into Mevis and I sighed. I said, "Want me to teach you how to hold it?" I pointed to the football and she said with a smile, "Sure Babyboy." That's one of her nicknames for me, since I'm the youngest of the gang, besides M. It bugs me sometimes because now Two-bit bothers me about it, good thing I got Mevis to back me up even though it was her idea from the start. Besides, maybe it's not such a bad name, I kinda like it. I held her hand and placed it on the football, we both smiled. Soda winked at me and I sighed annoyingly. It was Sodapop's turn to throw the ball. Mevis and I were both after it and I fell on top of her. We faced each other and blushed. I said nervously, "S-sorry M." She giggled and said, "It's ok Ponyboy." That night, Soda and I were both in bed and the lights were off. I whispered, "Soda?" He whispered, "Yeah ponyboy?" I asked, "You think I did good today?" He chuckled and said, "uh huh. You're winning her over." I whispered, "You were right, about how nice it is to like someone." Soda put his arm around me and said, "It is. The nicest feeling." He fell asleep and I was about to do the same when Mevis came in. She went into the bed and she covered herself in the blanket. She turned to me and whispered, "Pony you awake?" I opened my eyes and turned to her, "Yeah. Is everything alright?" Mevis smiled and said, "Yup, I just wanted to say that I had fun today. Playing football and all." I said with a grin, "So did I." Boy did her eyes twinkle that night, like a star. We don't get much of that because of all the lights. She turned away and yawned. I put my arm around her waist and I said, "Is this ok?" Mevis said as she put her hand on mine, "Yeah it's perfect. Goodnight." I closed my eyes and said, "Night." I've never been so close to her, she smelled like flowers and her hair was so soft. Golly I slept well that night and I think Mevis did too.