~ ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 7 ~ 𝕒 𝕔𝕦𝕥

The next morning, while I was brushing my teeth and Soda yelled through the door, "Ponyboy! Mevis wants to see you." I went out of the bathroom and knocked on the door. She said, "Come in." I walked into the room and went next to her on the bed. Mevis touched her head and said, "Ponyboy. Could you get me an aspirin, please? My head hurts." I said, "Sure." I got aspirin and I gave it to her with some water. She drank it and I noticed a cut on her head. I said, "I think I know why you're dizzy M. Your bleedin." Mevis said softly, "I am? Where?" I said as I cleaned it with a napkin, "Here on your head. That Soc must've had a blade. What do you remember?" She said, "I remember us walking to the lot, the soc coming, and the kiss. Then everything else is a blur." I thought she wasn't asleep when I was carrying her home. She must've passed out. I said, "The cut is pretty deep." Mevis grinned and said, "Cool. I'll have a nice scar." I finished cleaning it and she said, "I'll take a shower and stuff." She sat up slowly and stood up. Mevis tried to walk but she stumbled. Good thing I was there to catch her. I said softly, "Your legs must be weak, I'll take you to the bathroom." She nodded and I carried her. I set her down in the bathroom and shut the door. Darry said as I sat down, "What's wrong with Mevis?" Soda said, "She ok?" I said, "She's got a deep cut on her head. Last night, a soc was bothering us and he probably cut her with a switchblade." Darry said, "That's why you kids shouldn't be going out on your own." Sodapop said, "What'd that Soc look like?" I said, "Not sure. He's got some blonde hair." He said, "If I see him, I'll teach him a lesson." Darry said, "Maybe we should take her to a hospital just to be.." Mevis said firmly, "No. I ain't going to no hospital. I'm fine." She was wearing a blue shirt with leggings and her hair up. She looked woozy and that cut looked pretty bad. I said, "M don't worry about it the doc is just gonna check it that's all." She shook her head and groaned. Mevis said dizzily, "I-i don't feel so good." She fainted, again. I ran to her and put her head between my legs. Soda came and looked at the wound, "She lost some blood through the night." Darry said, "I'll get the car. Ponyboy you carry her ok?" I said, "Alright." I carried her and we brought her to the car. Soda sat in the front and said, "Keep her head elevated." I nodded and kept her head between my legs. When we got to the hospital, Mevis was taken to a room so they could check her. Darry, Soda, and I were stuck in the waiting room. A couple of minutes later, the doctor led us all inside. The doctor said, "Her head was cut pretty bad but she won't be needing stitches, just a couple of bandages." I sighed in relief, I knew she was gonna be ok. The doc said she was asleep and all she needed was a little rest. We all went back outside and an hour later, the nurse came out and said, "Ponyboy. She wants to see you." I ran to the room and said, "Mevis?" She said weakly, "Hey." I sat in a chair beside her and I said, "Hi M. How you feelin?" Mevis said, "Good, just a little tired. What's this on my head?" She pointed to the bandages and I said, "Bandages for the cut." She put her hand on mine and said, "In case you're wondering, I enjoyed the kiss." I smiled and laughed nervously. The nurse said, "Mevis? Your family is here to see you." She smiled and said, "Bring them in!" I said, "I'll give you privacy." Mevis said, "ok see you later ponyboy." I left and sat down next to Soda. I sighed happily and said, "She liked the kiss soda." He slugged my arm and said, "Good for you pony. Good for you." I can't believe she liked it. I think I'm gonna ask her again to be sure.