2 : Welcome to Red Bull.

We get out of the plane and head towards the airport exit. A little further on I see a young man waving at Carlos. I recognise Lando's silhouette which makes me smile.
I look around and see a woman with a sign with my name on it. I see Carlos turn towards me.

Carlos: This is where our paths part I guess. I hear a little sadness in his voice.

Me: Yes it's true but maybe we'll meet again . France is not far from Spain. I tell him before winking at him I start to leave but he grabs my hand.

Carlos: I really hope to see you again. I feel him slip a small piece of paper into my hand and I smile without answering him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

Me: I'm sure you do Carlos. I step back smiling at him before turning around.

Carlos: Good luck with your job interview. He speaks a little louder so I can hear him.

I look at him and give him a big smile in response. I see Lando walk up to him and start talking to him but he was too far away for me to hear them. I look down into my hand and see the small piece of paper.

Tell me how your job interview went after you got it.
Carlos

Right underneath it was a phone number.

I approach the woman with the sign, we introduce ourselves and she asks me to follow her. I turn my gaze to the two men who are walking away in the opposite direction.

Outside, we arrive at a beautiful Honda, which was to be expected as Honda was in partnership with Red Bull. After a two hour drive we arrive in front of the Red Bull offices. I get out of the car and quickly look at my dress in the reflection of the car before heading for the door.

As I enter I walk towards a man at the reception desk. I tell him about my appointment with Mr Horner and show me the way to his office. I take the lift to the top floor.

I move down the hallway until I see the name Horner on the door. I take a deep breath and knock on the door. I hear the British man tell me to come in.

Minutes pass with Horner and we have a real conversation about Formula 1. I talk to him passionately and reveal that I have always dreamed of working with Red Bull as it was my favourite team.

Christian: You know the season is starting very soon and I'm not going to lie to you, women have a hard time making a place for themselves in this world, only those who are determined and very talented manage to make a career of it. Do you feel capable of being one of these women? He crosses his hands on his desk waiting for my answer.

Me : Sir, I have always given 1000% to get to the point where I can stand in front of you, so I don't intend to give up when my dream is within reach. I catch my breath and continue. I know the first few days won't be very successful, but I believe in my abilities and I'm someone who adapts very quickly to situations, so I'm confident that I can be part of this select group of women. I finish by looking him straight in the eye to demonstrate my motivation.

Christian seems to think for a moment before extending his hand towards me.

Christian: Welcome to Red Bull.

I miss a beat when I hear his answer and smile more and shake his hand tightly.

Me: Thank you sir you won't regret it.

Christian: Call me Christian you are part of the family now. I'll show you around the premises and then we'll come back here to talk about your contract.

We are touring the premises and I can't feel like a child on Christmas Day. I feel so lucky to be able to be part of the stable.

After touring the premises and introducing myself to the employees who were there we go back up to his office. We are accompanied by Hannah Schmitz who will be my manager.

I am faced with the contract and he gives me all the time I need to read it. The two of them came out of the small meeting room next to Christian's office. After two hours of reading I see no problem with the contract and as signed on each page in the box provided.

I get to the last page and sign it. After signing the contract in its entirety I head to Christian's office and knock on the door before handing him my contract.

I ask him if he can give me a copy of the contract and I see that it is already ready in a Red Bull pouch. I thank him and take it.

Christian: Before you leave, go and see William at the reception, he has to take your measurements for the clothes. I agree. In three days you will have your badge and your clothes with your name on it.

Me : Very well thank you Mr. hor... Christian. He smiles at me and says see you tomorrow.

I arrived in the small flat I rented at the stable for my stays in England, it was a small flat in London that I found very cute. It was decorated with natural elements like wood and rattan which was combined with soft colours. I thought it was beautiful.

After putting my bags on my bed I called my best friend and my family to tell them the good news.

Morane was so happy for me that she broke her voice and so was my family. After an hour of conversation with them, I decided to put my things away and take a shower. While I was putting my things away I saw Carlos' little paper.

After thinking for a long time I decided to send him a message.

Me: Hi, my job interview went well, I got the job! (this is Carla (the girl from the plane))

after a few minutes I get a notification from Carlos.

Carlos: Great! Congratulations I'm so happy for you!

I smile and receive another  notification.

Carlos: The next time we meet, will you teach me your good recipes?

This sentence reminds me that I had lied to him about my profession. I was a bit angry at myself for lying to him.

Me: What do I get in return?

Carlos: Well, I could buy you dinner.

I smiled at his answer. My heart is racing and I don't know what to say to him.

I dream or Carlos Sainz invites me for a date.

Me: I think that's right. Now I can only hope that we'll see each other.

Carlos: Don't worry about that now, we'll see later.

I'm so glad I sent him a message but it's late and I'm starting to feel tired so I cut our conversation short.

Me: Okay. I'm sorry but I'm going to bed. Good night Carlos.

Carlos: It's OK. Good night Carla.
I look at his answer while smiling before getting into bed.

I feel that this year is going to be very busy...

_______________________

Hi everyone

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you for continuing to read

Don't forget to press the star.

Kisses

CMD