4 : Reunion

We started to put everything away in the garage. The tests had been quite successful but there was still plenty of work to be done on the car. Max and Checo were not very comfortable in them.

Everyone in the team was shocked by Mercedes' times. Indeed their times were not as good as Mercedes had hoped. We were happy about this. But there was another strong competitor who had very good results. This competitor was Ferrari who had a great potential for this season and this was our biggest concern.

I finished my work and was leaving the paddock when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Carlos: come to my room as soon as you can we have a conversation to finish.  please I will wait for you.

With this message was a room number. I smiled stupidly at my phone and didn't see a pilot stand in front of me. I looked up and saw my best friend's face, whom I hadn't seen in years, and without thinking I jumped into his arms.

I heard him laugh before I felt his arms hold me close. In all this time I didn't even realize how much I had missed him.

Pierre: I missed you too. He whispers, his head resting on my shoulder.

I couldn't stop a small tear from escaping my eyes before I pulled away to smile at him.

Me: I'm so glad to see you again. It's been so long. Morane asked me to say hello.

Pierre laughs before putting his hand on my shoulder.

Pierre: You haven't changed at all. One thing at a time. Yes, it's been a long time, and for Morane I'll send her a message.

We continued talking like this for about ten minutes. When I saw two red shadows coming towards us. I quickly saw that it was Charles and Carlos.

They are coming towards us !

Charles called to Pierre who turned around. I didn't know how to react, I had met Charles before and more than once but it had been so long that I didn't know if he remembered me. I saw him turn towards me and saw his eyes open in amazement.

Charles: Carla! I can't believe it. He walks towards me with open arms.

I smile and accept his embrace.

Me: Charles how are you it's been so long.

Charles: Good, I didn't know you worked for Red Bull. He looks at my polo shirt in the team colours.

Pierre: Yes, she just started as a strategist.

Charles nods and smiles as we hear a clearing of the throat. Carlos was standing back a bit and watching the scene. Charles rushes over to give him some space and he finds himself in front of me.

Charles: Yes sorry buddy. I would like you to meet a long time friend Carla Dos Santos. Carla, this is Carlos Sainz but you should know. He laughs.

Carlos and I look each other straight in the eye with a little smile, before hé says anything I hold out my hand to him.

Me: Nice to meet you.

Carlos looks at me playfully before taking my hand.

Carlos: Nice to meet you too. I was curious to see your face up close after seeing you soaked to the skin. He laughs and so do I.

Pierre, who was too far away to see him, asked for details of what had happened, which Charles quickly told him. The two friends start walking leaving Carlos and I alone behind.