chapter 4

"Hi honey!" marie yelped with delight ad I turned a sharp corner nearly meeting touch with her. "uch." I let the noise escape my mouth before clutching my books and noodling through the small space in which marie had left between the wall and her right shoulder. "oh and flinn, im sorry" I whipped my head directly after those words flowed from marie's thin lips to see nothing. she was gone.

I had never experienced a sudden turn away like that, but I wasn't scared. I dashed towards the room in which I spent my misrable days. "kay?" I questioned for Kimmy before I even got into the room. the room was empty and quiet, I could hear myself breathe.

"Flinn!" my name echoed down the long hallway of partially filled rooms. I know that voice anywhere. it belonged to Annabel. I was always jelous of annabel. although she had lived a terrible life including her parents abusing her, anarexia and her house burning down last year, I still envied her. she had the perfect figure, long brown hair that flowed pefectly down her back, and just the right amount of hipster.

"flinn!" I heard her call me again. I started to run down the hallway towards the sorce of the noise. I finnaly ran into a crying Annabel. "Annabel, what's wrong?" I questioned. "what happened?" I said a bit more forcefully.

Annabel struggled to catch her breath and panted as tears continued to roll down her cheaks. she finnaly cought her breath. "Annabel." I sat her down on the nearest chair and put my hand on her shoulder "tell me what happened." "Flinn, Kimmy has been quadernned."