Chapter 18

The Qin Dynasty envelopes a vast region and the Imperial City encompass the largest area of that region. It is subdivided into four major urban areas: north, south, east, and west. Marquis Donglin Manor is located in the eastern subdivision, in a prosperous district. With the carriage and horse, Shen Liang, Qi Yue, and Qi Xuan soon arrived at the busy commercial streets. However, Shen Liang didn't have Qi Xuan drive the carriage to Fei Yu Pavilion, but instead, had Qi Xuan drive the carriage to Luofengju.

The name Luofengju sounds like a residential area, but in actuality, it was a business. The trade it was involved in was eccentric. They sold many items, but such items weren't fixed and changed from time to time. As long as there was someone willing to buy, regardless of whether it would be an item, news, or another's life, Luofengju would take it into consideration. They also served as an intermediary for many transactions. In terms of Luofengju, as long as it is something one dares to buy, Luofengju would dare to sell.

Of course, if one was willing to sell something and the price was acceptable, Luofengju would also buy, or act as an intermediary and find an interested party to earn a commission. 

In his previous life, Shen Liang should have never known of Luofengju's existence, but Qin Yunshen told him. Qin Yunshen coveted the resources Luogengju had and requested to utilize the Nether Guards under Shen Liang's command to root out the person behind Luofengju. Afterwards, Luofengju closed, and never opened again.

"Third brother, what are you doing here this early in the morning?"

On the third floor of Luofengju, a slender man rubbed his eyes as he headed into the room sleepily. He did not forget to yawn while voicing his dissatisfaction. The man appeared hollow and dispirited.

"Xiao Wu, you best be careful. Who would you cry to when you're in trouble and need a kidney one day?"

Another man donned in brocade cloth sat at the table with his legs crossed and one in the air with leisure. He teased the tired man while gently fanning himself with his fan.

"Anyone would be better than you who have never suffered a loss, What do you understand about young girls, you old virgin? Scram, I have words to discuss with third brother."

Another man headed over and briskly kicked off a leg. He then took a seat on the side and grabbed a teacup to take a long drink. The man who had been kicked by him wasn't the least bit annoyed, and even asked in a teasing tone, "Old virgin? You must be talking about third brother. Oh, I almost forgot, eldest brother seems to be a virgin too." The man clicked his tongue as he continued, "I should write a letter to eldest brother to let him see just exactly how his beloved fifth brother denigrates him behind his back."

"Scram!"

The man donned in the gorgeous magenta gown with a red fox on his shoulders received a meaningful glare. This dead Mu Chen, he only knew how to find trouble for him to solve. Was third brother a master they could easily offend? The beasts in third brother's garden were probably the first to give him their second opinion.

"Has there been any news from second brother?"

The man donned in magenta, that was, Pei Yuanjian, sat by the window and was too lazy to bother with the two intruders. He idly watched the traffic below when he spotted a carriage gradually approaching from a distance. The corners of his lips ticked. If he wasn't mistaken, wasn't the horseman one of Shen Liang's people? 

"The war in the northwest has grown more intense. Fortunately, with Shen Da's help, it is still under our control. But second brother did say he would send someone over in a few days for you to take care of. At the most, just one year, and the northwest army will return in triumph."

As the topic turned serious, the man's previous malaise was swept away. When mentioning that their second brother would be sending someone for them to take care of, his expression could not help but reveal some hard to conceal doubt. The group of brothers were all figures with authority and power, each more impressive than the other. individuals that could be considered phoenixes and dragons amongst plebeians. Their second eldest brother, Huo Yelin, was the commander of thousands of troops. What he refused to speak of, even if they investigated, they would wound up empty-handed.

"En..."

Pei Yuanxian responded briskly. He rose up to lean against the edge of the window and peered down at where Shen Liang exited from his carriage. Unbeknownst of whether Shen Liang was simply too sensitive, or Pei Yuanxian's gaze was too pervasive, but immediately after Shen Liang stabilized himself, he suddenly raised his head to gaze his way. Unfortunately, Pei Yuanxian sat in a blind spot. Shen Liang would be unable to see anything, and he indeed, soon lowered his head before leading his people into the Luogfengju.

"Sheng Da's younger brother?"

The man donned in brocade cloth had leaned over at some point and arched an eyebrow. He had never seen Shen Liang personally and met with Shen Da and those from the Shen Family. Shen Liang's appearance resembled Shen Da, and he was able to recognize him at first glance.

"En, Chu Li, have some people keep an eye on him and see what he's doing here at Luofengju."

Pei Yuanxian nodded his head before returning to his seat. What was Shen Liang, this young, feeble young master who had just returned from the countryside and locked himself in his own courtyard for the last several weeks with no news at all, suddenly doing here at Luofengju? Was he simply browsing around, or did he gain news of the business Luofengju was involved in and came here with intent? Personally, Pei Yuanxian was prone and biased towards the latter. But how did Shen Liang come to know about Luofengju then? This little guy sure had quite some secrets. 

"You suspect the items you want are on him?"

Xiao Muchen's gaze deepened as he fanned himself leisurely.

When Chu Li heard him, he was slightly stunned, "Truly?"

"As long as no other options persist, I cannot let go of any possibilities."

Pei Yuanxian was noncommittal. At some point, the red fox lying on his shoulders had hopped down and nestled itself on his lap instead. His long, slender fingers slowly caressed through the blood-red fur.

Xiao Muchen and Chu Li exchanged glances. The latter fell into silence before turning away silently to deliver Pei Yuanxian's orders.

"Where is third brother going?"

Strangely, Pei Yuanxian also stood up. Xiao Muchen revealed some confusion and Chu Li who had drew close to the exit turned around to look at him. Pei Yuanxian's footsteps didn't falter, and his lips revealed a light smile, "Let's head down together to take a look."

"...."

It can't be that third brother had been possessed by a demon?

The two brothers were perplexed and stunned. Did this matter really require Pei Yuanxian to look into personally?