Chapter 579 - Book of Holy Judgement

A few minutes later, the chest popped open with a click.

A dazzling radiance blossomed out. Nie Yan hurriedly shielded his eyes. After a while, the light gradually dimmed down. Looking inside, he spotted a small book laying at the bottom. It looked like an ordinary skill book, except it exuded strong holy power.

Nie Yan picked up the book and slowly opened it. A white light enveloped his body.

"So, it isn't a skill book," Nie Yan muttered. Skimming through the pages, the words were written in Ancient Common. Thankfully, he just so happened to know this language. As he turned back to the cover, he could barely make out the title-Book of Holy Judgement.

You have discovered an ancient book which contains remnants of the past. The words are archaic and difficult to understand. "What the hell is this?" you mutter. Skimming through, you reach the last page and discover a section that catches your eye.

"The Holy Mage Bierze created a powerful magic formation. With five Great Holy Mages working together, they channelled the power of god to move the formation and entrap the Great Dragon Earl Istress Brook. Bierze transformed his holy power into a supreme sword of judgement and pierced Istres Brook's chest, purifying him."

Even after reading through this section of text, Nie Yan still had no idea what this book was for. He glanced down at the complex diagram on the last page. It looked like a magic formation. Below the diagram was a magic chant in text form. This was most likely something only experienced Mages could make sense of.

Could this be a clue to a quest?

Nie Yan knitted his brows. He was just about to toss the Book of Holy Judgement into his bag, when he received another notification.

Bring this book to a well-learned Holy Mage. They will answer your question.

"Looks like I'll need to go ask Xie Yao." Nie Yan put the Book of Holy Judgement away.

"I've trained my skills long enough. It's about time I go back," Nie Yan muttered. He was only three levels away from Level 100. Only after reaching Level 100 could he return to the Temple of Light and take the Luminous Dancer class advancement quest. He looked at the level leaderboards. The highest level player in the Viridian Empire was currently Tang Yao at Level 88. The second highest was Xie Yao at Level 87. Many players were already above Level 80. Nevertheless, he still held a clear level advantage. He estimated doing the Luminous Dancer class advancement quest would take a long time, so he had to maintain a large enough lead.

It would be another two hours before the exit to the dreamworld opened.

Nie Yan trained in the dreamworld for two more hours. As the final seconds ticked away, he gazed toward the center of the map. A huge door of light took shape.

Nie Yan entered the door of light. A notification popped up.

Do you wish to leave Venita's Dreamworld?

Yes! With a flash of light, Nie Yan's vision turned black and he lost consciousness.

After who knew how long, Nie Yan opened his eyes. He could feel the ocean breeze in his hair and smell the salt in the air. He climbed back on his feet and looked around. Venita was nowhere to be found. There was only the vast ocean.

"Let's go back first." Nie Yan crushed a Return Scroll. With a flash of light, he was back in Calore.

Teleporting to the Cripps Stronghold, Nie Yan asked Xie Yao to meet up. He wanted her to examine the Book of Holy Judgement.