Lucky You

April 20 2076.

Ernesto and David sat under the umbrella on the table. They had just finished the first drive lesson for David and it didn't end up with any accident.

"A few more lessons and you'll stir the wheel as good as me." the older brother quipped to ease the atmosphere.

David chuckled. "Doesn't take much, considering what I saw on the first gig."

The two laughed before silence descended and Ernesto could do the next thing he had met David for. He had two pistols in two different holsters today, and one was for his brother. He took it out and put it on David's side of the table.

"Take it. It's time you start defending yourself."

David looked at it with a doubtful face. "Can't I just stick with the Sandevistan?"

"When you can use it three times a day?"

The younger brother huffed, recognizing the point.

"I know some punks go for straight hacking or straight chrome, but the Sandevistan is a two-bladed sword even if you have a high tolerance. Until you start the genetic therapy and put a little more muscle and chrome in that body of yours, this piece will be your life saver, trust me."

David stared at the gun for a few seconds. Perhaps his first kill just a few days before was still making him doubt whether he was okay with using a gun or not, Ernesto knew that feeling very well. Even though David reached the pistol and dragged it to him, his older brother decided to help him by changing topic.

"How are things going with Lucy?"

"Uh?" David asked a bit surprised.

"Treating her right?" he quipped, knowing that in the last month the two had happened to go running a couple times.

"Am I interpreting you right?"

"What else should I mean?"

David waited to answer. "I ain't into her like that..."

"Come on, Dave. We all got eyes."

"Or..." he replied in a more resigned voice. "at least she ain't into me like that."

"Yeah, that's highly probable."

"She's the only one of the crew taking part in your revolution, right? Did you bring her in?"

"No. But she was sent by MI6, which actually surprised me."

"And do you know what she did before joining you?"

"I read her file. But for the sake of privacy, you'll have to ask her yourself and see if she's willing to tell ya."

"Fair enough, I guess. Though I'm sick of figuring her out."

"Meaning what?" Ernesto asked with curiosity.

"She said she wanted to go to the moon."

The answer caught Ernesto completely by surprise. Something Lucy hadn't told him yet? "The damn moon?!" he exclaimed.

"You...didn't know?" David asked even more surprised. "You two seem to communicate a lot."

"Luckily enough, we don't step on each other's toes and I taught her that every problem any of us faces are also the team's problems. But she never said me anything about that."

"I mean...she was probably just stalling me, but...she took me to the moon. Special BD she had." David said meekly.

Now that took the Captain by storm. If he needed any more proof of how Lucy felt toward David, this was the definite answer he needed. "You two went on a date to the moon?" he exclaimed with a smile. "Shit, bro. One hardly gets any more romantic than that in this damn city."