All Eyez on me

May 23 2076.

As Kiwi went through another diving session in the next room, Ernesto waited with Maine and David sitting on a couch while he was on a single chair, smoking a cigarette. The other two were discussing possible upgrades for David, who seemed set on becoming a power-type like Maine.

"Say there, Cap," the boss asked in curiosity. "Your lil brother here seems different today."

"In what way, dawg?" Ernesto nonchalantly asked.

Maine approached his face to stare ad David with squinting eyes.

"You usually mope around...kill the vibe. Our resident buzzkill."

"Ain't no different from yesterday." David replied, unable to hide a stingy tone.

"Nah, something is." Maine said and assumed a knowing smirk, pushing a bit his head against David's. "You got laid, didn't ya?"

David averted gazed but also groaned in frustration for being read so easily.

"You did." Maine insisted, making even Ernesto smirk at the scene. "Gotta work on that poker face, dawg." the man added before they heard the tent to the computer room being moved open.

They turned just to see Kiwi completely naked, except for her face mask, smoking a cigarette and holding her datapad.

"'Sup Kiwi." Maine said unfazed. "Gimme some good news."

Ernesto observed with a little amusement his brother being clearly uncomfortable with Kiwi standing like that. Even more when she went to sit next to him.

"Got zilch." said the netrunner while tapping her pad. "Tanaka's beefed up security after our last fuck-up. Tried poking holes but got no-go after no-go."

Maine lightly groaned bored. "Like I said, our weels be spinnin' until Faraday give us some traction."

"Still, did you find anything?" Ernesto calmly asked, puffing another one. "You never know what turns out to be useful."

Kiwi yawned before answering. "Mostly lotta noise and lotta trash."

"Noise like?" asked Main.

"XBDs in his viewing log."

Maine chuckled. "Yo, hold up. That's good leverage as I see it."

"Kinkster no doubt, but more into gore than porn. Some cyberpsycho virtues, too."

David almost gasped in learning that there were people like that. Maine scoffed. "Suits always thirst for the creepy shit."

Kiwi's mask was still inhaling her cigarette, but since it was a separated mechanism from her vocal synthesizer, she kept speaking. "Lot of BDs tuned by someone named JK."

"JK?!" David exclaimed, gaining the attention of the adults.

"Ring a ding-ding?"

"Yeah, Jimmy Kurosaki. Braindance editor. He's got a cult following." the kid said with sudden enthusiasm. Ernesto then remembered that he had spotted some of those BDs in their apartment, despite David doing his best to hide them. "Gets his hands on a snuff and he churns out a virtue in 24 hours. Piping hot, fresh off the street. Whatever JK tunes, he turns to gold. Just don't get edits like his anywhere else. It's no wonder his fans keep coming back for more."

"Well, I'll be damned, kid. Didn't peg you for a superfreak." Maine commented. He was surprised, but not judging him in any way.

Still, David stuttered as he tried to correct the shot. "No, I...just helped a choom move his stock, is all."