My Rough Beginnings

Let me get something off my chest: I'm not your grandma's wolf, mainly because I wasn't supposed to be a wolf. I wish I had a fantastical reason behind my lupine form, but I don't. With that out of the way, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Jasper Thurston, and I originally lived in a cottage in the center of a deep forest with my mother and father, but that was before the transition happened. Since I was so adventurous that it was hard to keep me in one spot for a long time, my parents let me go outside a lot of the time, and that was one of the things I did as an adult.

A couple of years after I moved into a treehouse a short distance away from my family's home, I was on one of my daily treks around the forest when I found a little thatched hut in a dark clearing. In a fit of curiosity, I knocked on the door before it opened to reveal a very old woman who I had never met before. As much as I tried to be polite and friendly to the woman, she complained that I was trespassing and said that I should be punished, and I tried to apologize before she hit me with a bolt of energy that rendered me frozen.

I then found myself sprouting hair in places where no human should have hair, my ears started inching higher on my head than they're supposed to be, and that wasn't the only part of my head that changed: my whole face stretched out in the mouth and nose area, giving me an impressive snout with a remarkable sense of smell, and the application of the tail felt like someone had stuck a thick feather in my rear. Just when I thought the contortions and changes to my body were complete, I looked down at my body and gasped at the fact that I was no longer my human self, but I had now transformed into a Canis Lupus, better known as a wolf.

Horrified at the way my body had changed, I turned around and fled from the hut before my two-legged sprint eventually became a four-legged dash, and I was so inexperienced with the change in my running style that I stumbled and wobbled a lot. Even though I slowly got the hang of alternating between using four legs and standing on my hind legs, I immediately started searching for a new place to live, since wolves can't climb trees to treehouses. I did find a nice spot to sleep beside the tree my treehouse was in, and as happy as I was to get some rest after the panic-induced run I had, I knew then and there that I wanted someone to get me back to my human form.