𝕿𝖜𝖔.

It took longer than Erys had expected to reach the castle

It took longer than Erys had expected to reach the castle. Her mind was still heavy with thoughts of her late mother. Although winded and slightly sore from the fall she took on her buttocks, she reluctantly made her way back. She did not want to return to her sorrows. She didn't know if she had the courage to stand strong for her sisters.

She wondered what her mother wouldve said to her after witnessing her time spent with Aemond. She knows, no doubt that her father is going to be furious with her. She willingly let a Hightower claim the largest dragon in all of the realms. Although her fathers fury towards her would not last long. A mild scolding is all he ever gives to reprimand his children. Her mother was the passionate one of her parents. Where her fathers told tales of gruesome battles he'd fought, Laena would sing songs of what it's like to love.

Remembering the tale her mother told her many times before bed, of all Princesses of House Targaryen who was just too pretty for their own good. She'd start off with Rhaenys. As much as she gained from being the conquers second wife, the one that stole Aegons eyes and held them for all eternity, A greater impact was made in the realm by her sister Visenya. In Eryss eyes, Rhaenys was just a dragon rider, while Visenya was the warrior. Yet she still took a greater liking to Rhaenys. She had found it so very interesting how women could woo a man, drop his values all while gaining anything you would ever desire from him.

Erys lets out a giggle when she remembers her fathers expression when she revealed her liking for both the Visenya and Saera Targaryen. Those women just had a certain allure to them that had men bending their knees. She found Saera's scandal quite the adventure. Her mother teased that Daemon would regret having daughters once they've come of age, especially with Erys.

Drawing her scarf over to cover her chest, she shivered. The winds had picked up and her curly hair had started to itch, specks of sand that had been lifted by the strong wind found residence in between her curly mane. Letting out a breath, she made a promise to only remember the good memories of her mother. Throwing one more look at the waves, she turned and ventured into the safety of the castle walls. The moon was already at its peak in the sky, it was about time shed retired to bed.

Her peaceful walk was cut short when she heard multiple footsteps up ahead. Raising an eyebrow, she caught a peak of two silver manes and another two dark-haired little boys rushing down the hallway. She had half a mind to just ignore what she had seen but a deep stomach-churning feeling did not let her. Being the eldest of all the Velaryon children, duty forced her to follow steadily behind them.

"Where do the four of you venture off to at such a late hour?" Her stern voice commanded the children in front of her to halt. Poor lucerys looked as though he was still asleep with his droopy eyes and the fact that he had bumped into the back of Rhaena, due to lack of attention.

"Someone stole Vhagar!" Baela announced looking as furious as ever. Just as Erys was about to speak, another figure entered the room. Aemond held pride in his strides. Something about him told Erys she was going to regret letting him claim Vhagar. He did seem awkward and flustered anymore.