𝕾𝖎𝖝.

Rainor opened the small window of the carriage and took a whiff before he gagged

Rainor opened the small window of the carriage and took a whiff before he gagged. Within a heartbeat, he slammed the window closed. Erys judged him deeply.

"Smells like shit," Rainor commented before leaning in his seat. His hand supported the back of his head and his legs stretched wide open.

Always the gentlemen. Making sure he is more comfortable than the two ladies seated opposite him.

Since the family had chosen to travel by ship instead of DragonBack, their travels lasted at least 3 days. It was insufferable, Erys thought.

Sailing in her opinion was fun. Her company was not. She had not made amends with her father as yet. He acted as though nothing had happened between them and spoke to her regardless. It did not do well for her pride. When the family broke their fast after sunrise, there was a looming cloud of darkness over Erys's head that Daemon chose to ignore.

Every question that he had directed at her was met with silence. He would just shrug it off and continue his conversation with one of the other kids. That made it seem like she was the one who was overreacting. His oblivious act was getting the best of her nerves.

So as soon as the shit hit land, she was the first to dash out. Pulling Rhaena along with her, she made sure that her father did not board the same carriage.

Daemon only shook his head at his eldest's behavior. Ser Rainor happened to stumble upon him at that moment, he was actually on his way to mount the Black stallion but Daemon had other plans. He asked his long-time trusty friend to accompany his two stubborn daughters on their journey to the red keep. Rainor, being Rainor only agreed with the condition of carrying an extra flask of his Ale.

"Let me tell you something, princess. Kingslanding... smells like shit, the people are shit, and the food is shit, other than silk street... it's really not a good tourist destination." Rainor slurred slightly.

He calls her princess to remind her that she's not one.

Erys stared at him, not speaking a word. Rhaena stirred in her lap, the ride was not comfortable but She managed to find some shut-eye with her head on Erys's lap. Soon they would be reunited with Baela and their grandmother Rhaenys.

Erys pulled her shawl off her shoulders, the heat increasing as they ventured future into the city and away from Blackwater Bay.

The hustle and bustle outside of the carriage described itself to be much more than Rainor had said. Underneath the scent of filth, one could smell aromatic incense sticks burning, mixed with the steam emitting from pots of cooking soup, a gust of sweet fragrance. Laughter, shouting and animal life could be heard. Erys would catch glimpses of beautiful women dressed in shining silks, so sheer it barely covered up anything. Orphaned children were running around and creating havoc in their wake. Shepherds would easily lead their cattle through the narrow streets.