𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓.

By the time Erys reached her bedchambers and stepped into the bath that was drawn for her prior, the water had already become lukewarm

bedchambers and stepped into the bath that was drawn for her prior, the water had already become lukewarm. She had no issue with it. It was comforting in a way.

"What is your name?" Erys asks the handmaiden. She leaned and let the water soothe her tensed muscles. The handmaiden then poured some lavender oil into the water.

"Melis, my lady." She bowed her head in response. She reaches forward, but Erys holds a hand up to stop her.

"There's no need, I can bathe myself."

Melis nods unsure but proceeds to step away from the tub of water. She nervously fidgety with her headpiece, and Erys catches a glimpse of deep burnished copper hair. Dipping the cloth sponge into the water, Erys begins to rub her skin with a bit of force. She works her way down from her silver hairline to the tips of her toes. The semi-harsh rubs of the cloth against her skin leave a pale red in their wake. It's not noticeable against her almond skin tone.

She wishes to rid her body of any stink she picked up from being in kingslanding. She also wishes to look her best when she reunites with her sister and grandmother.

Once done, she dips her head into the water before submerging only seconds after. She repeats the process until her usual curly hair is dripping wet. Curls now turned straight when damp. She lets a sound of pleasure when her fingers massage her scalp.

Melis watches on, with her hands behind her back and an unknown sensation lingering in the depths of her abdomen. She shifts her weight from one foot to the next. Her brown eyes watch Erys's every movement. Her scar gleams prominently in the water as Erys shifts around. Unlike prince Aemon,  who hides his wounds under his many leather patches, Lady Erys proudly showcases hers by wearing either an off-shoulder dress or one that is backless. The house of the dragon began to fall apart on that night, and both held reminders of it.

Melis blushed profusely when she caught a knowing grin on Erys's plump lips. Shifting her gaze away from the Targaryen, Melis apologized, "I am deeply sorry if I have made you uncomfortable by staring."

"Tis no worries," Erys smirks, staring at how the girl became more fidgety. "Sometimes we can't help ourselve. It's only in our nature to look."

Melis swallows and nods once.

Erys laughs quietly. Tongue in between her teeth, she leans on the side of the cold tubs. Her chest pressed against the edge and covered. "How old are you?"

"Nine and ten, my lady," Melis speaks in a low tone.

"Drop the formalitie. You have seen me bare longer than most." Erys teased. She rose and let the water droplets trail down her body. She moved effortlessly past the fair maid one foot in front of the other. Melis trailed behind her for a moment. Once there was enough space for her to pass through, Erys caught the embarrassed expression painted on her cheeks.