0.2

The door to the pharmacy chimed as Sydney walked in, Mr Keene waving at her with a smile. Sydney felt a shiver run down her spine, however she shrugged it off and waved back.

She moved over to the isle of the far right, where the cards and menstruation products were, as well as other toiletries.

"Syd?" A familiar voice asked and Sydney looked up, taking her headphones off and hanging them around her neck.

"Hey, Bev." She smiled, grabbing the first thing she could off the rack next to her, which happened to be a pair of red-rimmed sunglasses.

"Did you really come here just to buy sunglasses?" Beverly asked, a slight chuckle in her voice.

"No, I was gonna try get some cigarettes past Mr Keene, but he creeps me out." She shrugged, making sure she kept her voice quieter.

"I know, right." Beverly laughed.

"What're you here for?" Sydney queried, Beverly shrugging.

"Nothing. Just some vitamins for my... dad." Sydney cocked a brow at her, Beverly sighing in defeat. Another chime came from the door, but neither payed it any attention. "I don't know why I'm embarrassed."

"You don't need to be, it's natural." Sydney shrugged, using the small mirror on the sunglass rack to try the ones she had picked up on. "What do you think?"

Beverly laughed as Sydney turned to face her with a pose, showing off the sunglasses. She nodded, Sydney smirking in return, not bothering to take them off as they began walking to the other isle to get to the counter.

"Do you even wear sunglasses?" Beverly chuckled, Sydney joining and shaking her head.

"No." The pair laughed, although it trailed off when they turned the corner and stared at the three boys facing them. Beverly hid her box of tampons behind her back, Sydney snorting a laugh and taking her sunglasses off.

Three boys stared back, Stanley, Bill, and Eddie, who was holding a pile of medical supplies.

"You okay?" Bill asked.

"We're fine. What's wrong with you?" Beverly wondered, staring at him.

"None of your business." Stanley said quickly, Sydney looking between the three confused.

"There's a kid outside. Looks like someone killed him." Eddie spoke up.

"We need some s-s-s-supplies." Bill explained, "But we don't have enough money."

Sydney looked over at Mr Keene, who was smiling to himself at the counter. "How bad do you need all this stuff?" She asked.

"Really bad." Eddie replied quickly, "You should see the guy outside."