0.3

Cigarette between her fingers, Sydney walked along the road on her way to the quarry

Cigarette between her fingers, Sydney walked along the road on her way to the quarry. It was Saturday so the streets were mostly empty with the exception of the occasional bikes and a few cars.

"Syd! Wait up!" A voice called from behind her, Sydney turning around to see Beverly running with her bike to catch up with her.

"Hey," Sydney smiled, handing the other red-head a cigarette, which she gladly took. Sydneys smile widened when she noticed Beverly's hair, which she had cut short after she got home. "Hot hair."

"Thanks." Beverly laughed, "You really like it?"

"Yeah, you look great."

"Thank God." She let out a sigh of relief, "What's in the bag?"

Sydney look down at the tote bag hanging from her shoulder, "Just a few things. I haven't had the time to finish these," She lifted up one of her feet for a moment, showing Beverly her unfinished converse, only an outline of colourful lines painted so far. "so, I brought my things in case I have time, I would do it at home, but my mom's there, and she's, well, she's still waiting for Betty."

"I'm sorry." Beverly smiled sympathetically, "What about your dad?"

"He left when I was five." She shrugged, "He sent me a birthday card two years ago, that's the last I've heard from him."

"Well, my dad's an asshole, too, so don't worry." Beverly breathed, the pair chuckling softly. They turned the corner which lead into the woods, which then lead to the quarry. "Have you always liked painting?"

"Well, Betty used to hate painting, because she was never very good at it, and to try and make her feel better, I'd leave little drawings on her shoes so she could tell everyone she did it. Then I started painting on my clothes, which my mum was never very happy about, but I got pretty good eventually."

"It is really cool." Beverly laughed softly, the pair finally at the quarry. They both paused in their tracks when they heard the boy's voices arguing about some loogie battle, Beverly and Sydney mocking them and trying desperately not to laugh.

Sydney made a teasing motion of pushing them off the cliff, Beverly almost blowing their cover by almost bursting out in laughter, however she managed to stable herself.

"Who's first?" Bill tried, the boys falling silent as they stared at the long distance between them and the water below.

Sydney and Beverly shared a look, each beginning to take their clothing off and leaving it in Sydneys bag with her other things. "We'll go!" Beverly called as Sydney pulled her shirt off.

The boys turned around, each going wide eyed at Beverly and Sydney who were now in their bras and underwear. Beverly's white, while Sydney was wearing pure black, which she was happy about, because they were going in water, she didn't want it to be see-through.