🦃Thanksgiving - » Manjiro «

You were pacing back and fourth through your home. Thanksgiving was coming up, and you really wanted to spend time with Mikey.

But being the CEO of Bonten was never an easy job...

Though, it wasn't like you expected him to say yes. To your proposal, that is.

You planned to just call Mikey, and ask if he could make a schedule or clear up some things a little better so there would be a few more free days.

Just for thanksgiving. Or more, if possible. All you wanted were at least 2 days.

The courage you worked up for smaller and smaller the closer you got to your phone, though. It was scary.

Usually, you wouldn't fret from asking Mikey anything. You knew he'd most likely say yes, or make an arrangement where you could get it in an amount of time.

But never were those questions about Bonten, let alone the schedule. He insisted you stayed out of it.

Sighing, you picked up your phone and quickly found Mikey's contact, forcing yourself to press the call button to his personal phone.

There. You can't get out of it now, could you? Knowing Mikey, he'd answer on the first or second ring. There was no getting out of this, right?

Your worry heightened more and more as you waited to hear his voice. To get that confirmation.

"yes.." Mikey said quietly, turned away from his subordinates.

Your heart began racing. You were a stuttering mess, worry filling your voice.

Steadily, you explained that you were thinking about Thanksgiving and if he could try to make some time for it.

He only laughed silently as you tried to explain yourself so clumsily. After years of being together, he still somehow scared you in ways he couldn't imagine.

"i know, dear." he sighed, looking out the window behind him. "okay. i'll see what i can do.." he said sweetly.

Little did you know, he could ever reject you.

You said thank you, and hung up the phone calmly before happiness overfilled you and you started celebrating like a kid excited for their birthday.

You were so happy. Finally, you get more than a few hours with Mikey. Maybe even two days. A first, ever since you were teens.

God, it made you eccentric. You didn't remember the last time you felt this happy.

Kinda made you happy you worked up the courage to ask Mikey a little over a week before thanksgiving to see if he could speed up the schedule a bit. Just to at least have a nice idea of a few days off.

You had a hold on him he didn't even notice you put on him. You truly did make him yours.