Chapter 51

After the banquet was set, Shen Ling went to Lizheng to buy the land, Lizheng's attitude was very cooperative, and accompanied Shen Ling around the wasteland belonging to the village, let Shen Ling choose, Shen Ling bought again After I bought some land, I asked Li Zheng to take me to a neighboring village to buy land.

In this era, people attach great importance to land and clans. It is often difficult for outsiders like Shen Ling to buy land in other villages with surnames. This is why Shen Ling did not buy land and plant trees in villages outside Huaizhou. The reason, because it is impossible for him to convince the clan there to let them sell the wasteland to him, not to mention that in the end he has to ask their people to take care of it, even if he is the boss, he can't hold back the locals.

If the workers he hired would get in trouble and steal his peaches and destroy his orchard, he would have nothing to do.

In Chen Zhuang Lizheng's house, Li Zheng bowed his hands to a long-bearded man about the same age as him, and said with a wide-eyed smile, "This is the new boy born in our village, Shen Er, see you Uncle Chen soon. "

Hello Uncle Chen." Shen Ling stepped forward and bowed with a smile and a polite manner, which made people feel good.

"Buy land?" The three of them talked for a while, and Lizheng said what he meant. Chen Zhuanglizheng was surprised, "Are all the land in your village sold out? Why did you come to us?

" No, it's just that Shen Er said that he wants to buy more land first, and then he will set up workshops and invite the surrounding villagers to work. He just wanted to come and see if you have any land to sell here. What, is there a problem? I don't believe in my family. The person in Li?" Li Zheng's face turned cold.

"What are you talking about! Can I believe you? Our clan has lived next to each other for hundreds of years, and we don't even know how many times we have been married. You can also buy land, but are you sure you only buy wasteland? Little Brother, I didn't say it! Although the wasteland is good, it is always inferior to fertile land. Buying land to collect rent is a long-term thing, and it is much better than planting any fruit trees."

Shen Ling smiled and said nothing. He couldn't tell others that he would still make fruit wine and various petal wines in the future, but it was indeed possible to farm the land. Buying some land and putting it there for rent sounded pretty good.

Shen Ling was a little moved, and Li Zheng had already asked, "How come there are fertile fields for sale all of a sudden? Is there any accident in your village?"

Shen Ling closed his mouth, didn't say a word, just listened quietly.

"No, there was a family some time ago, his mother was ill, and he really had no money, so he wanted to sell a few acres of land to turn around. I thought that instead of selling the land in the village to outsiders, it would be better to sell it to The people around are also familiar with it, so I asked this little brother if he wanted it, but there is no other meaning, if he doesn't buy it, he can go to the middle man and sell it."

Li Zheng pondered for a moment, then turned to Shen Ling, "I know you've only been buying wasteland, just to plant fruit trees, but do you want to consider buying some fertile land to collect rent?"

Since Li Zheng said so, Shen Ling quickly said: "It's also possible, these few I want acres of land."

Seeing this, Chen Zhuangli nodded slightly, with a smile on his face, and a few people said a few more words, Shen Ling quickly signed a contract with him to buy wasteland, and after determining the location , also go back.

A few days later, the people who went to Chengxian to buy saplings in Shenzhuang also returned, and Shen Ling bought all the saplings for several carts, and brought a letter to Shen Ling, saying that they had met a man named Zhao. The loose person, knowing that he is Shen Ling's folks, asked him to bring it back.

Zhao Song told him that he had met with Mu Wu, and was recently in charge of escorting the goods, that is, the peach vase that Shen Ling wanted to customize, and asked him when he was going to Huaizhou or Chengxian, and he wanted to get together with Shen Ling.

After Shen Ling asked someone to plant the saplings, he purchased a batch of chicken and duck seedlings before letting Shen Gouzi take the chickens and ducks he raised to Huaizhou and hand them over to Mu Wu, although he still said that. It depends on Shen Gouzi's performance to decide whether to let him be his subordinate, but in fact, he already trusts Shen Gouzi very much, and he is willing to do many things to him. After all, Shen Gouzi can use it. Really handy.

Shen San's illness gradually got better, and he knew about Shen Ling's actions in the village during this period of time, but he ignored it. He just locked himself in the room and studied hard all day long, ignoring everything outside the window. looks like.

Shen San's eldest sister-in-law Zhao Shuitao was squatting in the yard in front of the tub to wash clothes, when Shen Zhuang suddenly chased a chicken and rushed over, yelling, as if he didn't see the tub in front of him. In the wooden basin, he started crying and kicked over the wooden basin in front of Zhao Shuitao, splashing water on the ground.

Zhao Shuitao grabbed Shen Zhuang angrily, slapped him a few times, and scolded: "You are so old, and you are so frizzy, you have no future! What's the use of raising you! I will raise a chicken! I can still see an egg, what can I see if I raise you! It's really useless!"

Shen San put down the book in his hand and posted it for a while. When Father Shen came back a few days ago, he complained to him that the people in the village were not very good. I respected him, even Lizheng made him angry in front of the villagers, and also said that he must study hard, and he must pass the exam next year as a scholar.

Shen San was a little dazed, and also a little flustered unconsciously. He always felt that there was a cliff behind him, and the road ahead was a fog. As long as he took a step back, he would be shattered, but he didn't know how to move forward.

But he can't lose! He must let everyone know that they are all wrong, and he must be able to honor his ancestors and become the pride of the Shen family.

This pride is not Shen Er, not anyone, only him!

The way of business is the last one, only the imperial examination can truly change the fate!

Shen Er and Shen San remembered the various humiliations that Shen Ling gave him. Sooner or later, he would step on this person like before, how could he let someone who has always been weaker than him climb up on his head? How could this be!

Shen San grabbed the book in front of him, there seemed to be a fire burning in his chest, jealous and resentful, it didn't matter, there was still time, he would let everyone know who is the true pride of the Shen family.

On the other side, Shen Ling's family welcomed a few people from Chen Zhuang, saying that they wanted to sign a contract with him to sell fertile land. Shen Ling remembered that he promised Chen Zhuang Lizheng, saying that he would buy the land of a family in their village, but he kept going. I was busy and didn't plan to come to the door in person. If the other party is willing to sell it to him, then he can come to him himself. He doesn't want to send it to the door. Anyway, it doesn't matter if Liangtian buys it or not.

But since the people came, Shen Ling naturally welcomed them warmly.

After Han Shi served tea as usual, he hid in the inner room, not to disturb Shen Ling's conversation, Shen Ling sat on the main seat with a smile, looked at the person who came, and felt a little doubtful, even if he came to sell the land, that one It should be enough to have a male master. If you are afraid that he will deceive, it is understandable to bring a clan elder or a literate scholar to testify, but the current situation is a bit strange.

There were four people in Chen Zhuang, only one was a man, and his clothes were shabby and patched. The other three were older women. Looking at their clothes, they looked good. They were not the kind of poor people who sold land. look.

Shen Ling said: "I don't know who is looking for me."

The thin man sitting next to him heard the words and said quickly: "It's me, I heard that Brother Shen wants to buy land. I have a few acres of good land here, and I want to sell it to Brother Shen. , Li Zheng has already said it, but brother Shen, you have not been looking for me, so I came to find you, want to ask if you still want it?"

Shen Ling made a sudden realization, "Oh, look at me, I've been busy and forgot all this time, I promised that you were coming and said that I wanted to buy land, but you haven't come, I also thought you I don't want to sell it to me! I'm quite busy, and I don't have much time to find you, so of course I want it!" The

skinny man seemed to be relieved, but then he twitched and said a little nervously: " Then, Brother Shen, what price can you offer?"

Shen Ling said with a smile: "Because of your business, both of you have spoken up, so I naturally want to give this face, of course, it is higher than the market price, and I bought it After that, if you want, you can continue to plant it, and you can rent it on time according to the rules. If you don't want to plant, I can find someone to plant it again, that's fine." The

thin man didn't speak yet, and a dark-colored man beside him The middle-aged and slightly fat woman had already spoken, and looked at Shen Ling exaggeratedly and clapped her hands in amazement, "Oh, I just know that Brother Shen is a good person, no wonder people from all over the world say that Brother Shen is a good man, today is a good man. Look, they are really handsome and kind."

Shen Ling was a little puzzled as to why these three women came here, but since they came, they must have a purpose. Ling said: "You praised, don't know who this sister-in-law is?"

"This is the matchmaker Chen from our village." The thin man said.

"Then I don't know about these two..." Shen Ling looked at the other two again. It was the first time he had seen the introducer introduce only one, so he could only ask himself.

"I'm Chen Fengdeng's daughter-in-law, and this is my younger brother and sister." One of the women had already stood up and introduced herself quickly, looking at Shen Ling with a satisfied look on her face, with an irresistible smile on her face.

Shen Ling nodded with a smile, and didn't call anyone. As soon as the three women entered the room, they were looking at the decorations in the room, especially staring at the white glaze bottles placed in the room, as if they saw gold ingots. Yes, it made Shen Ling very unhappy. He bought it for his daughter-in-law, not for them. What was he doing with the look he wanted to take away immediately?

"Brother Shen! I heard before that you can read and write. You are a good person and have a good heart. When I saw you today, it was exactly the same as what others said." Matchmaker Chen praised.

Shen Ling nodded, "You have passed the prize, don't you know what happened to the three of you today?"

"Of course there is something, it's a good thing, let's come! It's a happy event for you, there is a know-how in our village. Shu Dali is kind, virtuous and gentle, and I want to say that I will be your equal wife!" Matchmaker Chen said with a look of joy.