Chapter 108

Shen Ling rubbed his brows and said indifferently: "Mother, don't be angry, I just said it casually, at least you still love the boss, don't you? You also said that he is so lazy to do it, so you don't give him a lot. It really hurts to hang the money and share it out."

Shen's mother was very angry, her face flushed as if she had been stabbed in the dead end, not to mention that there is no reason to divide the long house out, and besides, the old man in the family is getting old. , Only the boss is left as a laborer, and it is divided out, who will do the work.

Shen Ling also knew that, so he deliberately stabbed her. Although he didn't have the memory of the original owner, he also chatted with people to know some things about the original owner. Basically, the eldest and the second child did the work of the Shen family, and of course the second child did it. At most, it's fine without him now, and without the boss, should the farm work of the Shen family be done for the old man and Shen San? Just kidding...

"Second brother, don't worry about it, it's just that little sister's marriage, how come so many things come up? It's not that mother doesn't love little sister, she hurts everyone, but we don't have anyone who cares. All the betrothal gifts were returned, that's why my mother felt like this, and she didn't feel sorry for her sister. Mother also prepared five taels of silver for the bottom of the press box for my sister? With the second brother's twenty taels, my sister thinks that she will be able to live well."

Shen Ling suddenly turned to look at Shen San, without saying a word.

Xiao San put down his chopsticks silently, "I'm full, so let's go first."

"Young Master Xiao, walk slowly." Shen San said.

Xiao San nodded politely, got up and walked towards the kitchen, he was going to see what Han Shih was eating, and he would go share a portion for himself.

"Forget it, I don't want to talk about family matters, but, does the girl have only five taels of silver? The third, you go out and only count the cost of staying at the inn, and it's not just two taels, right? Going out to meet with literati, interacting with students, can't live with ten taels of silver? Women can't go out to work and make money, and the dowry given by her parents is private property for a lifetime. Are you willing to give your sister a little more money in the bottom of the box for self-defense?"

Shen Ling made an unbelievable look, "Shen San, Shen San, all your books have been read into the belly of a dog!"

Shen San was reprimanded by Shen Ling, and it was obvious that Shen Ling looked at it before. They were quite kind. He thought that if they didn't mention each other, the previous filth could be regarded as not happening, but he didn't expect to wait for him here. Shen Er really couldn't give any face, and Shen San's face became cold.

Mother Shen was no longer happy, "What are you talking about, the third child's exam is a major event, it can honor the ancestors, how much money should be spent, and besides, which one can save money on accommodation and making friends? Use you here. Trick San'er's heart, you're still his own brother!"

"No, no! I can't afford it!" Shen Ling waved his hands quickly, "Look at him like this to his own sister, my second brother who is not close or close. What is it?"

"Second brother, why do you have to do this? Of course I love my sister too, but the family's money has to be put on important matters..."

"There is still money in the family? Where did you get so much money?" Shen Ling hit Duan Shensan said with a smile.

In fact, he had been curious for a long time. Father Shen was from a farming family, and his ancestors were all seeking a living in Shenzhuang. In all these years, he had never seen the Shen family do any profitable business. They were just like ordinary farmers, just farming for a living. There are a few acres, but there is not much to be apportioned to each person. There is no reason to be able to save such a thick family background to be able to provide a scholar.

Generally, the children of the slightly wealthier farmers can only know a few words, but they have not completed private schools. After all, the tuition fees are too expensive. Only the children of the small landlords can go to the stage of being a scholar frugally. Where is the Shen family? The money that came from him was comparable to that of a small landlord, and Shen San was by no means self-taught, but steadily went from private school to school without a single step. The cost of this was not something that ordinary farmers could afford.

Shen San was dumbfounded for a moment, he was not very clear, Shen San said: "It's family money anyway, you don't have to worry about it."

"Yes, I don't have a lot of heart. My family is divided, and the rest is more or less, it doesn't matter to me. It belongs to you and the fourth brother." Shen Ling smiled.

Mother Shen was like a cat whose tail had been stepped on. She patted the table and stood up and scolded the street loudly, her face flushed red, "What do you mean by that? How much money in the family has anything to do with you?! You said that. Does it mean that the source of the family's money is unknown?! Shen Er, don't forget that your own surname is Shen!"

Shen Ling raised his head, what does this expression of being stabbed to the sore point mean? It seems that the Shen family's money is really of unknown origin.

Even an outsider who came to this world not long ago could see that something was wrong with the Shen family, couldn't Shen San see it? Shen Ling looked at Shen San, he really didn't think about this question?

Shen San pondered for a moment and said: "Second brother, don't worry about it, mother is like this, I vaguely remember hearing about the money from my father, he said that he saved a nobleman when he was fleeing the famine, and the nobleman repaid him. , so our family has only survived until now. As for now, it's really gone, after all, it's been more than ten years."

"Okay! I'm not very curious anyway." Shen Ling said casually.

Mother Shen seemed to be full of anger and wanted to scold something. She was pulled by Shen San before she stopped, sat down angrily, and Shen San said, "Anyway, we are a family, even if the family is separated. , should also watch and help each other, second brother, are you right?"

Shen Ling nodded slightly and did not speak.

"It is precisely because we are a family, and we are our own people, that's why my mother speaks more candidly. This is also what my mother means to be close to you." Shen Sandao, Shen Ling did not speak, "I came with my mother today to come to see you. Let's see if you're doing well, since we've seen it, then we don't have anything to do, we'll go back to Shenzhuang after the exam!"

"Okay! Walk slowly." Shen Ling stood up to see off the guest.

Shen San paused and stood up. Mother Shen seemed a little unhappy. What Shen San said just now caught her heart. Her bad attitude towards Shen Ling is called straightforward. Meaning, otherwise, who would have such an attitude towards outsiders, not because Shen Ling was her son?

It is precisely because she is her son that she will live here for a few days, eat good food and food for a few days, and let the servants serve her for a few days. Even if it is not the eldest son, Shen Ling is also her son, and she lives as a mother. At the son's house, no one can say no.

Mother Shen didn't get up, she said coldly to Shen Ling: "I'll stay here for a few days! You make a room for me, your daughter-in-law has given birth, you don't even have an old man here, I'll keep an eye on you for a few days. , don't make any taboos."

Shen Ling said: "Mother! I also treat you as my own family! Don't blame me for speaking frankly, go out and see for yourself, there are four bedrooms in total, one for the male servant and one for the maid. , Han Shi and I also have a room for Zhaofu and a room for guests, where do you live? On the roof?"

Mother Shen was suddenly angry again, just didn't want her to live there, right?

"Then let the servants squeeze."

"How can the servants and servants live together, not husband and wife?" Shen Ling spread his hands.

"I don't know where your guest came from. You asked him to go out and stay in an inn for a few days."

"Mother! It's fine for our own family to squeeze together. Whoever drives the guest, Xiao Gongzi is a friend of Mu Futai."

Shen's mother was stunned for a moment, and her aura suddenly vented. Shen San didn't speak until he heard Xiao San's extraordinary identity, and then quickly said: "Mother, aren't you here to take care of me? Why do you want to live with the second brother?"

Mother Shen is even weaker. She just wants to enjoy a few days of happiness. Besides, although the inn is good, it is boring to stay for a long time. It is not even as comfortable as her own home, and the cost is so expensive that she can't sleep well. , how can there be the freedom to eat and drink for free at Shen Ling's house.

"Well, then it won't last, that's what I said." Mother Shen said softly.

Only then did Shen San look at Shen Ling, "Then my mother and I will leave, the second brother will stay."

"Go slowly." Shen Ling nodded, and after sending Shen San and Shen's mother to leave, Xiao San took the rice porridge from the He came out of the kitchen, "Go?"

"You haven't finished eating yet? Didn't you just feel full?" Shen Ling said.

Xiao San thought for a while, although Shen Ling seemed to have a bad relationship with his mother, but as an outsider, he should not speak ill of his mother, nor mention that he lost his appetite at the dinner table, just said: " I thought Han Shi was eating something delicious in the kitchen, so I came to see it."

Shen Ling nodded, not intending to continue this topic, instead Xiao San came over with his rice bowl and said, "Your brother is not a good person. Stubborn, but you're also good enough!"

There were many fights between brothers and sisters, Xiao San felt that Shen Ling was similar to him, so he didn't shy away from it. You can't beat your brothers. After all, there are too many people who are at odds with brothers these days.

"I'm absolutely? Heartless?" Shen Ling pointed to himself.

"Well, is a few dozen taels of silver enough for you to pay for a jar of wine? Why..." Xiao San chuckled lightly, feeling that Shen Ling didn't bother enough for this amount of money!

Shen Ling sighed, "You don't understand, not only do I have a third brother who is going to take a scientific examination, my younger sister is going to get married, and my younger brother is not married, and the third younger brother has not found a daughter from a big family to be hired! There are so many things, if I can't stop talking, everything follows them, and I can be tricked to death."

Xiao San nodded, somewhat understanding.

Shen Ling chuckled lightly, "Besides, do you really think my third brother is here to seek blessings? He is here to find Mu Hongyuan, so I only encouraged Mu Hongyuan to go home to see his family today, so as not to collide with Shen San. Come on, he was holding on to the conversation, and we had to communicate."

Xiao San nodded clearly, "No wonder you reminded Mu Hongyuan early in the morning that he should go home and have a look."

"I'm upset, Shen San seems to be different from before, you don't know that he used to be an arrogant little fart. Boy, now, I have some scheming! Sure enough, setbacks make people progress." Shen Ling said with emotion.

"Ah? What progress?"

"Nothing." Shen Ling shook his head.