Part 8

Crystal POV

I was hugging Cash tightly because I missed him so much.

"Cash?" I said and he turned to me.

"Yes love?" He asked.

"Could you maybe get me something to eat? I can't really get up from here so yeah." I said and he kissed my forehead and then left. Layla came in and hugged me.

"How are you feeling, Crys?" She asked.

"I'm feeling quite good actually. I like the nickname." I said and smiled. She smiled back and we talked until Cash came back.

He gave me some pancakes, strawberries, blueberries and orange juice. I smiled at the sight and then ate.

After a while, I finished eating and Layla left to go do something.

"Baby?" I asked and Cash hummed in response while looking at me.

"Could you come lay here next to me, please?" I asked and he nodded smiling. He kissed me on my forehead and then got in the bed next to me. He pulled me towards him and we cuddled. Eventually I fell asleep.

1 month later

I was busy with physical therapy at the moment since my injuries were so bad and I couldn't walk for a while. I was almost back to normal walking.

"Come on, Crystal. Find that inner strength inside you. Find any emotion in you." The physician said and that's when I clicked.

I shouted out in frustration but still kept on trying. I felt tears wanting to escape but I didn't want to look weak.

"I know you can do this, Crystal. You just have to believe in yourself." He said and I finally just let the tears do their thing.

I have to fight. For my dad. My mom. Layla. The Mafia. For the love of my life, Cash.

Cash. When I thought of him, everything felt fine. Suddenly I was brought out of my thoughts when I was being cheered on.

"Great work, Crystal. You did it!" He was cheering me on. That's when I realised I finally walked close to normal. I smiled and then felt arms go around me and they turned me around. It was Cash.

"You did amazing, love." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said and kissed him. We pulled away and he walked with me to our room. We got there and he helped me get ready for bed. I wore this to bed:

I got in and so did Cash

I got in and so did Cash. He held me close to him and we fell asleep, cuddling.

The next morning

I woke up and felt warm arms around me. I turn around in his arms and smile up at him. He seems to be asleep still. I stare at him for a while and his eyes jolt open. I smile and he smiles back.