Watch It

It was our first weekend since school started and I was have never been so happy to sleep in to late morning my entire life. As I groggily walked out of my room in my baggy sweatpants, tank top, and messy hair I mumbled a simple "Gooood moooorniiing" as I wiped my eyes and sat at the table. 

"Morning sleepy head." Aunt Ivy said as she tried to figure out the waffle machine she got at Target.

"Hey, can I check out the arcade over on Cherry Lane today?" I asked as I got up from the table

"Sure! Erin and Fang want to try out the mini golf course at the mall so they can meet you there later." Aunt Ivy tried to read the instructions on the box before throwing it onto the ground and stomping it with her foot.

"Nice, I might stop by the record store too. They sell like 10 records for 5 bucks which is a huge steal." I said as I plugged in the waffle machine to an outlet then poured some of the pre-prepared batter into it and shut the lid

"How did you-" Aunt Ivy began before Erin and fang walked in

"Hey! Good morning!!" Erin said as she sat down at the table

"Aunt Ivy tell you we're gonna hit up the mini golf course and explore the mall?" Fang said as she got out the maple syrup

"Yeah, Imma just check out the record store and I'll meet you at the arcade over on Cherry 'kay?" I said as I got out the milk, orange juice, and some glasses.

*TIME SKIP TO LATER IN THE DAY*

I was roller skating to the record store later that day, twirling around on lamppost, petting passing dogs on their walks, then I crashed. Some idiot boy switched sides on the sidewalk without looking in front of him. "Watch it, you idiot" I said under my breath as I got up.

"Hey sor-" he was saying as I skated away. I had just purchased some Billie Eillish records and some 80-90's mixes when Erin texted saying to meet them at the arcade.