chapter 59

Grace

Dear diary,

These past 2 months might've been the most hectic of my life and that's saying something. Despite his chillness the night after I was taken, Tony got into overprotective paranoid mode a few days after the press conference. Edward is dead and there hasn't been any signs of HYDRA resurfacing but he acts like there's danger lurking in every corner. 

Sharon told me not to overthink it, he thought I was gonna die so he's overcompensating, but it's hard to move on like this.

As for the silver linings, the most unexpected yet exciting thing of this period was that James woke up one day with all of his memories about Natasha. I'm now part of the small group of people that have seen her cry, they had a whole reunion and it was adorable.

Weirdly, her dating my ex brought us closer, we regularly hang out with the girls to complain about our, as Wanda calls them, pet superhero boyfriends. Maria has the time of her life teasing us about it.

Sharon and Steve finally got married in one of the most fancy ceremonies in the history of New York. Only a very select few people were invited but everyone was talking about it for the following weeks. It was 'have you seen the way he looks at her?' type of press and it was extremely fitting.

Once they left on a quick honeymoon I came to the realization that working with Tony and Steve is virtually impossible, since the kidnapping they've been getting too protective and unlike the rest of the girls, I don't have a lifetime of agent training to back me up. When Fury came to me with an offer to join an elite team at SHIELD I was kind of shocked, but it turned out to be the best.

My teammates are Daisy, Lincoln, Leo, Jemma, Hunter and a girl called Bobbi I haven't met yet. There's also Coulson and May but they are more like the "parents" of the group. Their relationship with each other and with Daisy is really cute.

Tony and I have been house hunting for weeks now but all of them come back to the same conclusion: he doesn't like any of them. He texted to meet him at his place in half an hour, since we have to look at more houses for him to reject. Guess that's the price one pays for dating a superhero. Well, it's worth it.

Tony

I look around my bedroom, trying to remember how it looked like the last time I set foot here. Everyone has been living at the compound after we were recruited to stop Edward so it's been months since I've last been home. In this room it's been even longer, I haven't been here since that first night with Grace, I slept in another bedroom after she went to Wakanda.

- Ms. Jones is on her way. - FRIDAY announces, snapping me back to the matter at hand.

Everything has been organized to perfection, a bunch of little things to make the place look more homey and candles around the bed. It's a cheesy set up but in my defense I didn't have a lot of time to plan. Rogers made me realize the reason I didn't like the other houses we looked at was that I didn't wanna leave this one. It's a bit impractical and far from everyone, but it feels right.

I walk down the stairs and pause in front of the door, waiting for her to knock. I'm really nervous. Like, shaking nervous.

When the doorbell finally rings my anxiety makes it so that I swing the door open in a rather aggressive way.

- Hey, you. - Grace smiles sweetly, tugging at the end of her dress. - What's going on?

- I actually wanna show you something. - Deep breaths, it's game time. I got this. - Do you know how I haven't liked any of the houses we've seen so far?