4.

Evening found Maegor pacing impatiently in circles around the guest chamber he shares with his older half brother, Jacaerys. Half a day passed since the events that unfolded took place and he could not still himself. If anything he felt even more nervous if that could even be possible.

Half a day since he killed a man.

Half a day since Aemond caught him in a vice grip with no words or touch.

To make matters worse and add more wood to his raging fire, King Viserys was feeling slightly better - albeit aided by milk of the poppy - and he had announced a large supper with just the two families together.

"Why are you pacing like a caged beast, brother? Has taking a life frightened you so much?" Jacaerys questions, amused from the chaise lounge he was sprawled on. Clearly the eldest in a mood to play jests to ease his boredom.

Maegor stops abruptly, fists clenched. Something dark flashes before his eyes but he does not yield to it.

Smug bastard.

"That may be it indeed, half-brother." Maegor retorts and his glare alone is enough to make Jace forget about picking on him and divert his attention on something else. Now that they were grown up his brothers grew weary of his hot temper. Maegor was quick to take offense and react much like his father.

I did everything while you hid behind mother.

At least Lucerys was with Joffrey otherwise he was sure he would not hear the end of it by dinner time.

No one should know what truly made him so restless, so angry and riled up. Maegor could bear with a few more childish jests from his brothers. He could even bear with them poking him constantly. Saying that he was afraid when he made his first kill because he was shaking like a leaf. Because he was so restless he could not resist sitting still longer than a moment.

The fact that he was burning because of Aemond however, that was his secret. Their secret.

Maegor resumes pacing, more furiously this time just to keep his mind distracted from spiraling into thoughts about the Prince again. Eyes on his feet he was counting his steps in silence like a mantra.

A heavy knock stops him again before the large wooden door is opened.

"My Princes you are awaited for dinner as per by request of their majesties the King and Queen." Ser Criston Cole enters to deliver the announcement. Maegor scowls at him but is the first to leave the chambers much to his elder brother's surprise who remains behind, escorted by the knight.

He was as eager for the supper as he was dreading it. Half of him hoped Aemond wouldn't attend and half was dying to see the Prince again. Dying to talk with him and just bask in his presence.

In the hall where the feast is held the gods curse and gift him at the same time. Maegor is seated at the head of the table next to Aemond right across Lucerys and Rhaena. One second son next to the other. Someone was either playing jokes or aiding him, he could not tell.

Maegor could not help but steal glances from Aemond and when no one else was paying attention he was staring at him shamelessly in front of everyone.

The One Eyed Prince looks at him once, glancing at him briefly while the main attention was on Viserys entering the hall on a seat carried by several of his guards. Everyone seated at the table stands for the King who keeps his dignity despite his sickness and grunts of agony. Maegor's throat went bone dry but brazenly he maintains the eye contact.

Then Aemond turns away. But he doesn't. He keeps his eyes on the Prince's side profile while the rest of his family is seated back. Maegor shifts in his chair, keeping a proper posture while he observes the rest of the people at the table with a fleeting glance. Most of them either purposely avoid his eyes or they are too engaged in other matters to notice. He does not mind, he only craved the interest of a sole person in this room and he was going to get it.