Chapter Two: Meet Up

"Levi? Levi what is it?"
She picked herself up from the carpet floor and walked to his right side. His eyes were still glued to the screen. Unable to take them off. His breathing became shaky.
"Oi! Levi, say something. You're scaring me. Levi!"
'I know this man....not bad at all. I figured from the beginning. Tch...being very cocky I see. This will be easy.'
He felt a sharp pain on his left cheek and sat up from the floor. He lifted his hand to his red cheek.
"Did....did you just slapped me?!"
"I had to. You weren't even responding to me. What's gotten in to you?"
"Nothing...It seems he decided to tag along this time. For what reason does he have behind all of this?"
"I wish I knew. That's the first time I've seen that figure."
"Tch. I'm staying in here. I'm taking the day off tomorrow. I'll be doing some thinking on this."
"Are you sure about that. I know you have nothing to do. Just work work work. Loosen up a bit. Maybe getting a lady friend will help you."
She laughed that she smacked her knee and falling on the floor like the mad insane woman she is. His face twisted into annoyance.
"How the hell did we even become friends in the first place anyways? Nevermind that. Just leave me alone now."
"Alrighty small shorty!"
She giggled before leaving. Hearing his rant.
"...At least I'm not that small minded like you."
"Haha whatever."
She closes the door and he sighed to cool off a bit. Her black leather chair had dust in which he dusted off before sitting on it. He took out a blank paper. Brainstorming and trying to out put the piece found together.
'Photographer killed after those pictures were taken. The camera, however, wasn't destroyed and the memory card was there with the containing pictures...okay...ugh this is getting frustrating. What is it that he wants? Does he want to get captured and arrested? Does he want to be known and feared? Or does he want more money? How large is his group anyways?'
He looks at the images again. Giving them a closer look. Figuring out what they were doing.
'I'm sure Erwin hid some hidden camera's during open hours. Stuffed in false bills.'
He sighed and leaned against the chair. He turns to face the window. Hanji peeked from the door and looked in deep thought.
'Levi....exactly what are you're hiding that you're not telling us that we must know.' She closes the door and walked down the hall leading to her room. Her apartment was simple. The hallways had a few pictures from her highschool years. The end of the hallway having a picture on the way she met Levi. Appreciated by his intelligence in every subject. However on his freshman and sophomore years he had trouble keeping up. Thats when she decided to intervene and help him. First daying going around blabbering about this and that. Making fun of him of his short figure, people glancing at the two. Sure he got embarrassed a few times but that didn't stop him to smart talk back at them. Shutting up their mouths and instead be embarrassed by him. Levi stood up and leaned against the window frame, his arms crossed. Seeing shadows leaving a bbundling.
"Seems you gave up quite there eh?"
'I'm going to sleep now. I'll roam in the streets In the afternoon.'
He set his suit jacket on the coat hanger and tok of his shoes. Laying on the tan couch he thought it wouldn't be comfortable but it was anyways. His sleepiness were finally kicking in that he soon feel asleep into deep slumber.
*~*~*~*~*~*
"Hey Levi? Leeeevi~" Hanji poked his cheek after shaking his several times, but hasn't showed any signs to wake up any second now. She exhaled with a smirk before dumping ice cold water on him who fell of the couch from the sudden liquid contact. He wiped his face with his hand and glared at her, who was busy laughing.
"What the hell?!"
"Ah hahahahahahahaaa! It's about time you wake up."
"What?"
"Levi it's almost past twelve. You should head home and ya know...shower like the clean freak you are."
"Just shut the hell up."
She grinned and watched him put on his shoes. She scanned through the notes he written last night.
"Still haven't come up with anything we need to know?"
"....still no information."
"Alright."
"I'm heading home. Have a good shitty day."
"Oh Levi."
He walked out of the apartment to his car. It was a new car he purchased not so long ago. Living in Las Vagas in the day was okay but at night...it's dangerously hell to those who roamed in the street defenseless. Sure security advanced but the fact that the new mafia suddenly appeared here frightened the police after trying to stop them one day that many polices were killed mercilessly. No member of the mafia were taken down. Not a single one were injured. It seemed like they were made from steel. Impossible to be taken down. Rumors spread around like wildfire about the mysterious group. The thought of the idea to be infront of him sent shivers all over his body. He had a feeling that day would surely come and end him. Police's were here and there. He lifted a hand up as a hello sign. As he arrived home, something felt off. He parked his car in his driveway and locked the door. His keys were in his pocket which he took out to unlock his door. Once inside, the smell seemed different. There was a strong smell. It was like multiple people cane in here. He grew suspicious and closed the door, locking it. He looked around and saw everything was the same the way he left it. Inspecting more, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. His office, was a mess but not much. Papers were. Scattered on the desk. As if someone was looking for something, but they couldn't find it. His house telephone was notification was blinking yellow and checked the screen.

1 new voice message

He was anxious to press the play button, but he needed to record it. After grabbing his cell phone he recorded the message. The voice was deep as, if they used a device to hide their voice to not be heard in public and be suspected.

'I see you are trying to figure us out eh? Not bad. I like it, heh. Anyways, i found what i needed from you. So thanks for that. They weren't lying that you are a ckean freak. Interesting. Well. More messages later.'

He didn't get enough information but the factok he would receive more information about them. He knew what they took. Something he locked up and lost it. Something that he surely need to retrieve back. He ran his hand through his hair and leaned against the sofa. He checked his watch and stood up, heading to his bedroom across the hall way. His room was the same, so they knew he kept it in his office room. He took out his cellphone and tossed it on the bed. Taking his tux and tie off. Joining the cellphone. A warm bath is what aimed for and needed. He stripped off his clothes into the basket in the corner of his bathroom before slipping into the warm water. He felt relaxed.
'Can it be him? Who are those other people that were around the table. One had raven hair...looked asian in a way. A blond hair. Can't confirm if that person that is a male or female from the back. Gosh I want and need to get this done with.'
He clenched his teeth in irritation. He shut his eyes and hoped this day would end. He wondered what would happened tomorrow.
After his warm bath. He brushed his teeth and dressed up in a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt. He wasn't a big fan of converse but he looked silly with shoes he wore for work. His cell phone began to ring while putting socks on.
"Hey shorty!"
"What the hell do you want now?"
"I have something to discuss with you. Can you meet me at the cafe?"
"Which cafe."
"The one you usually go...5 is alright for you?"
"Fine."
"Thanks."
He set his phone besides him and slid in his black and white converse on. Throwing a dark green sweater. He looks at the clock reading 2 p.m. He decided to go out eat at Subway. Which was close to the place meeting with Hanji.
"I'll just go walking."
_____________________
I'll probably udpate tomorrow. That is if I can brainstorm during class ^σ^ and type quickly. Also like I have type previously comment how bad or well it is. It'll help me think about the plot. Wondering who or when will appear. I think I type too much. Ill try to type less if possible.

Until next time ^~^