Chapter 19- Picture perfect

Next day at 5pm.....

We had plans, that a cozy dinner at a lovely restaurant where we could share time together. I chose a red velvet midi dress for the occasion, though it's mostly hidden under my sweater.

Sounak mentioned a delay and said he'd be there by 7 pm. I've been waiting, watching the clock tick past 7.21 pm now. Anxious glances at the entrance, heart fluttering with a mix of anticipation and concern. But there's a limit to how long I can linger here; the restaurant owner might ask me to leave if I wait another 5 minutes. The ticking seconds mirror my restlessness, leaving me torn between staying and leaving.

Ruhi- Again late. It's 7.21pm already. Offh.

Suddenly I saw him enter the door of restaurant. He started looking for me.
Then I waved my hand in the air.

Sounak- Hi!
Ruhi- What hi? It's 24 minutes late.
Sounak- Ohh sorry.
Ruhi- If you came more two minutes late, then you can't see me here. The owner of this restaurant would have kicked me out.
Sounak- Ohh. Then I would bring you here again.
Ruhi- So insulting.
Sounak- Hah! What will you take?
Ruhi- Pizza, ice cream, burger, french fries, drums of heaven ohh and don't forget to order lasagna.
Sounak- What? But this is a Chinese restaurant..
Ruhi- I'm hungry, please order anything you like.
Sounak- Okay. Waiter!
Waiter- Yes, sir.
Sounak- 2 hot and sour soups, 2 pasta, 1 ice cream. Which flavour?
Ruhi- Butter scotch.
Sounak- Yeah, butter scotch.
Waiter- Anything else sir?
Sounak- Do you want anything?
Ruhi- No.
Sounak- BTW, you have so bad choice.
Ruhi- Why?
Sounak- Who eats ice cream with hot soup this winter? Bad combination. This way you'll catch cold.
Ruhi- Don't worry. Nothing will happen to me.

November had arrived, casting a gentle ambiance around us. Seated by the biggest glass window of the restaurant, we had a front-row view of the outside. The weather exuded a romantic charm, and couples strolled hand in hand, weaving an enchanting tapestry of togetherness. It was a scene right out of a dream, each moment painting a picture of perfection.

A wave of inexplicable emotions surged within me, catching me off guard. For the first time, it felt as though I longed for a presence beside me, someone to share those tender moments with. The sight of others holding hands, walking side by side, stirred a yearning within, a desire to experience the simple joy of walking down the street with someone's fingers interlocked with mine.

Sounak- Hey. Where are you lost?
Ruhi- In this weather.
Sounak- Ohh! It's too cold outside.
Ruhi- I like cold. It's too romantic weather.
Sounak- Is winter a romantic weather? I didn't know that.

Suddenly an unknown girl appeared in front of us.

Vini- Hey, Sounak.
Sounak- Hi. How are you?
Vini- I'm fine. Tell me about you.
Sounak- As always.
Vini- Dinner date?
Sounak- Nah, she is just a friend..
Vini- Ouhh. Friend.
Sounak- Ruhi, she is my childhood friend Vinisha. and Vini, she is Ruhi.
Vini- Hi. How are you?
Ruhi- I'm fine.
Vini- Okay, You enjoy.

She is just a good friend of his, right? So what's wrong with me? So why am I feeling something else when Sounak says I am just a friend of him?

Ruhi- Offh.
Sounak- What happened?
Ruhi- N.. Nothing...