What we are

I left the house without waking up Barry. I needed to get to the new warehouse as soon as possible. I follow the address that Harrison sent me. I'm not exactly sure where the new hide-out is. It's not anywhere near the industrial parks of Central City. I drive my car through the morning traffic. I finally turn into a strange alleyway in the middle of town. The GPS says my destination is to my left. I look and see a derelict apartment building. I sigh, why can't we have a nice lair, not some sketchy place. I get out of my car and walk up to one of the old doors. It's rusty and looks noisy. I look up and see a fire escape. I leap up and grab the ladder. I flip up and land on the second story. I open this door, which is still bad but not as bad as the first story door. It creaks a bit but I ignore it. I walk in and shut it behind me.

"Dr. Wells?" I yell. My voice echoes through the large building. I walk slowly through the hallways as I pass by the apartment rooms. It smells relevantly musty and dirty in here. I close my house so I don't get dust in my mouth. I decide to try one of the rooms. I clasp the doorknob and push it open. The door opens flawlessly into a large room. The room looks like a normal apartment...

Except there is another door on the other wall of the living room and there is a strange glow coming from underneath it. I walk into the apartment. It smells of mothballs but it doesn't smell like anyone has lived here, ever. I notice that the apartment is already furnished and nicely furnished. I wonder why it was never opened. I frown and make it to the glowing door. I grab the knob and turn. The door is heavier and it takes quite a bit of strength to open. As soon as I open it I hear soft classical music playing. The light is white and very bright and burns my eyes a little. When they adjust I see a huge laboratory with different machines and walls with racks full of chemicals.

"What the he-" I smile, this looks like a lair, like a mad scientists. I turn around slowly once I get to the middle of the room to see the door disappear. I laugh with disbelief, this is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

"Glad you could make it." I hear Harrison from behind me. I smile and turn around and watch him....walk in.

He's walking with both of his legs, not wheeling in, walking. I feel my heart beat faster as he comes towards me.

"Dr. Wells?" I take a step back.

"Yes?" He gives me a confused look. Then he looks at face again. "Oh yes, I suppose this is a surprise."

"You're paralyzed? I mean how, why?" I shake my head in confusion.

"Well, it's quite a long story, and you probably don't want to hear most of it, since it is also your story as well." He sighs.

"My story?"

"Well, yes. But that doesn't matter quite yet." He takes a couple steps forward and as he does, I take a couple steps back. He stops and looks at me.

"You're afraid of me?" He furrows his eyebrows. I bite my lip and remain silent. Harrison sighs. "Let me show you what I am."

After he says this I watch a yellow streak rush by. I protect my eyes for a second in fear. When I look up Harrison is gone. I turn around the room looking for him. The yellow streak comes back and is now in front of me. The yellow suit and the red lightning bolt scream at me to run far away but I can't.

"Harrison?" I ask the Reverse Flash. He reaches a hand up and takes of his mask.

"Not exactly but if you prefer to call me that, I'm alright with it." He smiles. I let out a deep breath. I work up a speech in my head.

"Wow." Is the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

"Not what I was expecting, but it will do." He chuckles a little. I look at him. I remember the phone call, things he's told me and the particle accelerator.

"You made Barry Allen the Flash." I blurt out. Harrison looks at me with surprise.

"You know Barry is the Flash? How?" He crossed his arms.

"That phone call was suspicious and when Barry kept leaving quickly and then the Flash was saving the city." I explain and gesture with my hand. As I continue to talk I notice Harrison smile at me.

"What?" I ask.

"I didn't know that even while you were young you still had to explain everything." He smiles. I stand there in silence.

"While I was young?" I ask. Harrison smiles and starts walking away. "What do you mean while I was young?"

He leaves the room the way I came. I roll my eyes. I let my eyes wander to another door. It's wide open and inside it's very dark. I walk towards it. I'm not sure what's inside but it's looks like an adventure.

I walk through the door way. I look for a light switch on the wall. I find one and flip it up. The lights come on slowly, only a couple at a time. The lights are white and glass surrounds the room. A long walkway appears in front of me. I begin to walk down it. Empty mannequins line the walls as though they were waiting for something. I look down at the end of the hallway and see a screen playing something. As I get closer I see a woman with fiery red hair in a grey and red suit. I realize it must be me but then I see I'm fighting a woman in all black. I take a closer look and see the news coverage. The story's title comes up on the bottom of the screen making me gasp.

'The Disappearing Of The Heroes, the Flash and The X.'

November 17, 2025.