The Fastest Men....alive

Barry Allen flew back through the wormhole and into his time. He rolled on the hard metallic ground when he landed. He popped back up and watched as the wormhole shrunk and vanished. He waited for it to explode and turn into a black hole but the room was still. Over his earpiece he could hear celebration but then he heard it die down when they realized he was alone

"Barry, where's Johanna?" Cisco's voice came over the sound system. Barry stared at where the wormhole was. Would she show up there?  She had a plan, didn't she? She always did.

"Barry?" Joe, Darwin, Kate, Cisco and Caitlin appeared above him on the catwalk above the lower chamber. Barry fell to his knees and felt his chest tighten with pain. The others understood, they knew where she was.

His sobs echoed through the chambers. 

******

Eobard Thawne opened his eyes to the bright city of Central City. He was home. He got out of the machine and could feel the speed in his body wanting to explode. He saw the Flash come out of the light of the past. He smiled happily, he was definitely home. He looked around and recognized the battle he had left behind.

He look to where he had left his wife. He didn't see her. He turned around in the street and searched for her. Nothing. The Flash saw him. He didn't attack, instead he walked up to him slowly. Eobard nearly threw himself at him when he got close. 

"Where is she?" Eobard asked. Barry looked at him and then at the ground. He shook his head and then walk away. It was the saddest and slowest walk Barry had ever taken in his life. 

Eobard Thawne knew. He knew what she had done. He stumbled back and sat on a car. Although his eyes couldn't be seen, all who saw him sitting there knew.

Another flash of white light caused both of the fastest men alive to turn back. Eobard saw a red object on the ground in the street. He ran and picked it up. It was his wife's. 

He held on tightly, and never let it go.

******

Johanna Ames' body drifted through the empty space of time. Her mask floated away from her unconsious body. It was taken to a time in which she lived. The echoes of future, past and present wrapped around her, keeping her company. 

As she floated she was pulled every which way. The space didn't know what to do with her. It pushed her out and into a different world. 

She fell with a flash of light down onto an abandoned barn, in the middle of nowhere on an farmstead.

She wouldn't wake until morning. The owner slept in her room, unaware of what had fallen on her property. She had forgot to take her newspaper inside. The wind carried it to the barn where it waited until the woman in the barn would wake up.

The story on the front showed a large group of strangely dressed people. A man with an S on his chest, a woman with a rope, a man in black who was also dressed as a bat, and a man in red with a lightning bolt on his chest.

The date was July 25th, 2028.