Part 42: New member to our family

The nurses discharged me a few hours later after scanning the baby multiple times.

Me and Adam walked out, tall and proud, many stared but we didn't mind.

A few days went by and I started to get bored of calling her baby or mini me."Adam we need to start agreeing on a name," I said."Yeah sure, I was thinking, maybe Gracie, Gracie Taylor,"He said out of nowhere. "Ahh yes, that's the perfect name," I replied not knowing that he was any good at coming up with baby names from the top of his head.

Gracie and I sat on the sandy beach where me and Jamie (my ex) once came after rehearsal ,it was almost like I could see him right now, offering me a drink. I quickly stopped daydreaming as Adam trotted over to me and Gracie. Gracie wriggle on my lap and reached for Adam's sunglasses, which were neon yellow.

Adam kindly placed them on her tiny button nose and took a quick picture.

Lunch time came round and we wandered round the small fisherman's village around the corner to one of the sets.

We headed towards an ice cream shop. Gracie left fingerprints on the glass on the counter where she had pointed at the flavours she liked the look of, but of course she couldn't have any as she was only a day or two old. Therefore I asked one of the waitresses to heat up a jar of baby food for her to eat so that Gracie doesn't feel so left out as me and Adam had ice creams. I chose strawberry and Adam chose chocolate with a flake.