Part 43: Shopping for the special dress

After we had all finished our ice cream and baby food we wandered down a small alleyway where it was dark and shaded with a cold draft blowing up my sleeves. I clutched Gracie tightly. Adam then put one arm around me and stroked Gracie's silky hair knowing that we could feel a breeze.

Finally, we could see the light of day ahead, we speed walked without knowing it. The sun beamed down on my face once again making me squint. We walked slowly, out of breath, our eyes glancing in the shop windows.

All of a sudden I saw the most beautiful wedding dress shop. Therefore we walked inside. A short, thin lady stood behind the counter, who jumped when the door slammed.

Gracie's eyes glistend at the sight of costume jewels.

I started to flick through the gorgeous dresses. My eyes enlarged after every dress I kept aside.

I handed all of the dresses I had kept aside to Adam, "Choose, what one?" I ask. He pulled out a long, white dress with three quater length lace sleeves it also had beautifully embroidered diamonds on the train, bordered with a thin silk lace.

It was gorgeous.

It was also £1000!

I looked at it up and down, Adam nodding at me.

"Would you like to try it on miss?"asked the lady behind the counter.

I nodded exitedly, skipping towards the changing room, well I say changing room, they were just curtain screens held by a sturdy pole.

I closed the floral curtain behind me as I struggled to hold the dress above the floor. I stepped into the tiny waisted dress, and pulled it up. I tied the bow at the back with the silky white ties either side of the dress.

I ran my fingers along the diamonds, as they skimmed the tops of the small gemstones delicately.

I gazed in the mirror.

The dress was amazing. It shaped my body perfectly, even though it didn't hurt one bit.

I slowly revealed myself from the curtain nervously.

"Woah," said Adam in shock. "It's beautiful, just like you," He said making me blush.

I twirled happily.

"We'll take this one please madam,"Adam said possibly.

"But we can't afford it Adam,"I said ,disappointed.

"You can't but I can," He corrected me.

'But how?' I mouthed to him as he took his wallet over to the till.

He made a huge fan out of £20 notes in his hand making me gasp.

This made me wonder.