Scent of blood in the wind

@rokuon_ via twitter

⚠In this fic, Teyvat is not a world, its a country with many province. The seven nation has took some part of the province and claim is their territory

The island mentioned in this chapter is not named inazuma. Inazuma is a organization name.⚠

-------❁ ❁ ❁-------
By the time I woke up, there was a lay of sunlight shining into my cold room. The stylus of my gramophone was lifted up with a new set of records that weren't playing. I got up from the sofa, glancing around the quiet room. The table has been cleaned, the document has been organized, and there was a bag in front of me with a note.

Good morning y/n. Hope you didn't sleep for too long. This might be the first time I've kept your word. I went out by the time the sun rose up in the sky. Well not because I want to, as much as I still want to stare at your sleeping face. I had work from early morning. In the paper bag is a breakfast I've made for you. I've cleared your documents. You owe me one comrade~.

Written the note. I put the note back onto the table and walk over to the bathroom to wash up and change into my new set of clothes. Brew me a cup of coffee and enjoy the beacon egg bread that Childe has given me. Taking bite by bit I went through today's plan in my head. That's when I heard my doorbell ring. I took a peak from the large window. Noticing a familiar figure, a young male in a green tie and a top hat. despite him looking so young he was way older than I am. His piercing gaze looked at me. For sure our eyes met as I continued to stare at him from the window.

"Pain in the ass..." I murmur to myself and walk downstairs to open the door. There is only one reason this man would be here. Likely I've been called for another job or else I'm getting my pay. "Good Morning," I say, opening the door with a forced smile. The man did not say a word, he nodded and walked into my house. This guy has always been like this. A man with few words, I never liked him that much but I must say when it comes to the job he is a reliable one.

I put a cup of tea down, sitting across from the young male and waiting for him to speak up. He took a sip of the tea and glanced at me, before putting a white envelope out on the table. On the right corner of the envelope signed Zhongli's name in black ink. "Thank you," I say, taking the envelope to my side.

"and this. This is from the icy blue hair boy you rescued" then another white envelope was placed on my table. I stare at another envelope confusingly. "Go on," Xiao continued. I took the envelope and unfold the paper inside carefully, reading all the written words Chongyun has written. With each word, each sentence as I go through the letter more and more, I grip the paper tight. Before I even finished reading it, I got up and lit a candle. Letting the paper catch on fire and burn into ashes. "No. He is a burden" that's all I have to say. Perhaps if I have read all the way through, on the bottom left, there was probably something like 'please give me a reply or whatever down there.

I face back to look at xiao. He was staring into my eyes. This is what I hate about him. His mysterious personality, his unreadable expression, and that gaze. He had been working under Zhongli for a long time. Even I, who had a close relationship with the Liyue boss, knew this. Xiao was always there next to him. His loyalty toward his boss is unreal. He's Zhongli's right arm. Even when power shifted and was given to Ningguang, Xiao never left his side.

"Is there anything else?" I question him. Maybe I sounded too desperate. I no longer want to be in this suffocating atmosphere. "...Never trust that fatui," Xiao spoke quietly, staring at the note Childe wrote. It's scary how he was able to guess Childe from the handwritten note that has no name sign on it. But that also indicates how well he knows his surroundings.

I exhale and grab the note, crumble them, and tosses it into the bin next to my working table. "If the time has come, I could always get rid of him" I gave him a reassuring smile but I knew he wasn't convinced. "Will you?" He questioned back.