3.7

@dokodoko_k via X (twitter)

⚠disclaimer ⚠
This chapter contains smut
-------❁ ❁ ❁-------

It rained all day.

By the time you wake up, you only see the ray of orange light being reflected from the puddle on the ground.

You take a quiet step down from your loft into your usual living space. The ginger man who said he would be here when you woke up cannot be seen anywhere. You thought about him leaving, but his belongings are still here.

Still, you feel somewhat lonely in your home.

You grab the newspaper on the table; suppose Childe brought them up. The title goes, White Dahlia and Sumeru Join Forces! It was sooner than you had expected, but considering how many of your people that you gather are being thrown at Sumeru, it's not surprising.

Now that this is done, you are free for a while.

You skim through the information in the newspaper and carelessly cast it to the side. Instead, you pick up the cigar box on the coffee table and light it up.

"Agh, you're smoking again."

Suddenly, the cigar in your hand had been confiscated by the man who approached you from behind. You didn't feel his presence at all, and his footsteps were so quiet that you didn't notice him until he grabbed your shoulder.

"Oh, good morning," you voice out, somewhat disappointed that you only got to inhale it once.

"When will you stop smoking, or should I introduce you to something better?" Childe mumbled as if he were talking to himself. "What is something better?" You tilted your head.

"Hm~, were you listening?" He smiled mischievously.

"Actually nevermind. I don't have a good feeling about this."You look away from him. "Now that you ask, I can demonstrate them right now." He grabs you by the waist, preventing you from walking away. "Is it a kiss again?" You narrowed your eyes.

"How did you know?"

"It's you after all. You're barely thinking of something useful," you monotonously said, moving his face away with one of your fingers. "We are not in such a relationship."

"We could be?" Childe replied. "As long as we are in a relationship, you would allow me to touch you, right?" He says this as he snuggles his face close to you. "You are already lucky enough to not get your head blown by staying so close to me." You grab onto both of his arms that warped around you and try to break free.

"Hah~ you are so mean to me, comrade." He exhales and tightens the embrace. "Then tell me," he said, grabbing the hand that you tried to break. "How can I make you mine?"

You widen your eyes at what he said and look at him. The ocean blue of his eyes catches eye contact with your e/c eyes, displaying desperation. "I'm serious," he adds. As if he assumed that you wouldn't take him seriously.

"Cut it out; just pretend like nothing happened."

You walk away from his arm while bringing the newspaper to your working table.

"hey, hey. Don't tell me you're seriously going to pretend nothing happened after all of that."

You stop; a lot goes inside your mind. You turn around to face his innocent smile with a gaze that seems like it sees right through you. For him and you, it would probably be best to settle things. You thought about it for a few seconds as the silence consumed the room.

There was no suspense or a built-up mood to what you said in the next sentence; only the music playing in the background hit its chorus.

"I fell for you."