🥀 31 🥀

~♤~

~~

"You look like shit brother". Thor chuckles as he tilts his head questioningly towards the dishevelled and beaten Loki, who strides into Thor's house.

Thor was up early, lounging on his giant leather sofa as he half watched soccer and half replied to some emails on an iPad. The fact Thor was barely dressed led Loki to believe Miss Romanoff had stayed the night.

He'd tried to avoid the happy couple since everything had gone down. As usual Thor was immune from Odin's poison and he couldn't stand it.

Loki collapses onto the sofa, grabbing the decanter of whiskey from the coffee table in front of him. He doesn't even bother getting a glass but instead swills the liquid straight into his mouth. His shirt is open and there's blood adorning it. Thor frowns.

"What in Hel happened?" Thor asks more seriously this time.

Loki huffs deeply. His eyes are far away and he feels his heart hurting at the image of his Lyla fucking Barnes.

He's not sure if he's feeling more rage or sadness.

"Brother, what did you do?" Thor asks quieter this time as he leans forward, looking to Loki for answers.

Loki shakes his head.

"I found her with Barnes." He says quietly, swallowing more of the burning liquid.

His throat hurts, his chest hurts, his head hurts. He doesn't want to go on like this. He has to get her back.

"Tell me you didn't-". Thor begins but Loki holds a hand to silence him, harshly slamming the decanter back down after a final swig.

"I didn't kill him brother of mine, though I should have. It was worse." He croaks as he feels his mind replaying her face of ecstasy over and over.

Using his pet names, coming undone for another man that wasn't him.

"Christ what's worse?" Thor asks as his face scrunches up, imagining what his hellish sibling has unleashed.

Had he killed Lyla? Thor starts to panic.

"Worse for me, you moron." Loki says as if reading his mind. "I went into his territory. I...I got what I deserve." Loki slumps in on himself as if he was experiencing shell shock.

Thor has never seen his brother so broken since this whole ordeal went on. It breaks his heart that he was finally happy and he once again sabotaged it. Although he wasn't sure who was playing a bigger part, his father or Loki.