Chapter 21: Spirit Situation

On the night of the spooky Splatfest, Inkopolis Square was covered in eerie decorations. People all over the Square were dressed up in costumes while thinking of plans for trick-or-treating and strategies for Splatfest Battles. Eventually, Kirby, Liza, Coral & Lance all met up at the Square. Each of them had a different costume. Coral was a demon.

Coral: Greetings, mortals!

Lance was dressed as a pirate.

Lance: Argh! Ahoy landlubbers!

Liza dressed up as a cowgirl.

Liza: Howdy fellers!

And Kirby was dressed as a cat.

Kirby: Hello to mew all!

The four of them all complimented each other about their costumes, then Kirby asked a question.

Kirby: Alright. Did everybody bring their candy carriers?

Coral, Lance, Liza & Kirby then each held up a bucket to hold the candy they'd get.

Liza: Looks like we all have everything ready.

Lance: Which means...

Coral: Time to go trick-or-treating!

The four friends began to walk around the city, occasionally stopping by some of the Turf War stages to watch matches between Team Vampire and Team Werewolf. Later on into the night, Kirby got a phone call. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Marie who called. Curious, Kirby answered his phone and put Marie on speaker so the others could hear.

Kirby: Hey Marie.

Marie: Hey Kirby. Sorry to interrupt you and your friends tonight, but we've got a problem.

Coral: What's the matter?

Marie: There have been some reports about some kind of spirit causing trouble around Shellendorf Institute.

Lance: But why would a spirit want to cause trouble at a place like that?

Liza: That place has all sorts of skeletons and artifacts. The spirit could easily make them seem like they're alive.

Marie: Exactly. So, I need you guys to deal with this spirit situation ASAP!

Kirby: Don't worry, Marie. You can count on us.

Marie: Alright. Good luck.

Marie then hung up and Coral & Lance sighed.

Coral: Well, I guess trick-or-treating will have to be put on hold for now.

Lance: Aw man. Just when we started getting a good haul too.

Liza: Look on the bright side. If we deal with this spirit issue quick, we might be able to get back to trick-or-treating soon!

Kirby: Right. Now let's go deal with this ghost problem!

The four friends then went to Shellendorf Institute to deal with the spirit problem. When they arrived, they could see that some of the artifacts around the institute were floating.

Coral: Woah...

Lance: Well this is definitely something you don't see every day.

Liza: We better find the ghost before they do something that might break the artifacts here.