Chapter 36: What Matters More?

Once the train came to a stop at the station, Kirby, Dedede & Meta Knight hopped off and looked around to see if they could find Kirby's Inkopolis friends.

Kirby: Hm... any sign of them guys?

Dedede: Nope.

Meta Knight: They don't seem to be in the area yet...

Kirby: Hm... maybe they're in the Square, watching Off the Hook give the news.

Kirby then headed towards Inkopolis Square, with Dedede & Meta Knight following after him. Meanwhile, Shadow Kirby began to look around the train station.

Shadow Kirby: So... this is Inkopolis. What exactly is there to do here?

After looking around for a bit, Shadow Kirby found a stairway leading down somewhere.

Shadow Kirby: Hm... I wonder where this leads?

Curious to see what waited at the bottom of the stairway, the shadowy puffball climbed down. Back in Inkopolis Square, Kirby & co. soon found Liza, Coral & Lance.

Kirby: Hey guys!

Liza, Coral & Lance: Kirby!

The three friends then went over to the pink puffball and gave him a hug.

Kirby: So, what're you guys up to?

Lance: We were just watching the news.

Coral: Pearl & Marina announced a new Splatfest!

Liza: The theme is "What's more important to you? Money or Love?"

Kirby looked at his friends and smiled, seemingly already knowing his answer.

Kirby: Well, that's easy! Love, obviously! I want to make sure that my friends are all happy because I care about them!

Liza smiled a bit, hearing that Kirby cared about her and the others.

Liza: Let's join Team Love then!

Lance & Coral looked at each other for a moment, then at Kirby & Liza.

Coral: You two go ahead with that. As for us...

Lance: We're joining Team Money.

Kirby & Liza looked at Coral & Lance in shock.

Kirby & Liza: Huh?!

Lance: Don't get me wrong, love is great.

Coral: But we're both pretty proud of our money management skills. So we feel like we might be able to win on Team Money.

Kirby: Well... Good luck, guys.

Liza: May the best team win.

Coral & Lance nod in agreement, and the four friends shake hands. Kirby then looks at Liza.

Kirby: Liza and I are gonna go and think of strategies for the Splatfest.

Lance: Me and Coral will do the same thing then.

The group then splits up, with Kirby & Liza going one way, and Coral & Lance going another, both pairs of friends trying to come up with strats to beat their temporary rivals.